6. I'm Always Listening, Always Predicting

"You heard everything?" Hajime asked him.

"Yes, and I agree that this seems a bit fishy," The Ultimate imposter murmured, "But we don't know who we can trust."

They were in another corner of the party. Most of the chaos had died down but people were still having fun. Chiaki seemed to have left.

"Well what do we do?" Hajime asked, "If we can't trust anyone then-"

"We'll just have to play solo for a while. Keep tabs on everyone. Make sure everything actually is safe before we lower our guard." The Ultimate Imposter looked around at the joyful crowd, "I have to break it to them when they're done. It won't be easy, but at least we'll be safe."

"Do you think Nanami actually helped them?" Hajime asked cautiously.

"No." The imposter shook his head, "I don't think she did so willingly, at least. She's not the type of person to do that."

Hajime nodded to himself, wanting to believe his words. He closed his eyes, deep in thought. It was too loud to concentrate, but people would question why he left. The only reason Chiaki hadn't been questioned was because it wasn't uncommon for her to slink off to grab something from her cottage.

But normally she'd be back by now.

And what was that weird noise coming from outside?

"What is that-" Hajime began, but wasn't able to finish.

His head was ripping itself apart, burning, breaking, splitting, surely dying.

He curled into a ball on the floor and threw up.

Then there was a strange chill, all the noise was gone. Then it came back. Then it was gone again. Blinking in and out of existence.

Screams.

His arm and legs were suddenly burning. And his head became less painful. He opened his eyes and gasped.

The dining hall had been blown to bits. Hajime's limbs had been scraped and scratched up. Blood was covering the ground. He tried to lift himself up. Slowly, he saw a tall figure moving around faster than any human Hajime had ever seen.

His vision was fading, his limbs ached. His friends were all on the ground. The figure finally stopped moving. They stared down at him.

Hajime's eyes widened. The figure only had one real arm. The other was a giant metal plated prothstetic. Two bright red eyes stared down at him. But the gaze was somehow unfamiliar, even if the face was recognizable. Wait- the face.

Stop. Stop looking at.. at me like... that. What are... who did...

Izuru starred as he saw Hajime collapse. His face looked as if it had been cut in half, then replaced by something else. Both of his eyes were red, but one was an odd shape. He glared down at the floor and turned to his accomplices.

"Great job! You have gotten so good at this already! I told you Despair was the right choice!" Junko Enoshima laughed, "This programming thing was like, my best idea ever! And it wasn't even that much work. And like, all the hero's are using it!"

"It certainly is one of your greatest achievements." Mukuro Ikusaba smiled at the bodies strewn about the floor, "I'll dispose of the dead ones. You can do what you want with the others."

"Hey, when did I give you permission to give me orders, brat?" Junko yelled at her older sister, kicking her in the chest.

Mukuro took the hit, "S-Sorry junko... it won't happen again!"

Junko huffed, "It better not!"

Izuru stared at them and began walking away.

[data could not be found.]