4: Two Idiots And An Unwilling Accomplice

The end of the summer holidays had come to different perspectives for Harry and Ashton. For Harry, it had come far too quickly for his liking. For Ashton, it had come way too late because of the fact he was sick and tired of hearing Ron whine about how poor his family was. Ashton could even compare that to the fact Terrence Williams would complain about the fact he spent all his life running a care home. Yep, that's how annoyed Ashton was by Ron. He could've been compared to Williams.

On the last evening, Mrs Weasley had made an incredibly scrumptious dinner for everyone - except Ashton, that was, mainly because enduring watching Ron eat massively puts him off his food, which explains the fact he's so skinny.

The morning seemed, at first sight, to be very peaceful - that was until Ashton woke up. There was only a couple of hours left but it seemed as if there was so much to do. Mrs Weasley was dashing around the Burrow looking for spare socks and quills as everyone kept colliding on the stairs, half-dressed, bits of cold toast still in their hands. Ashton almost accidentally broke Harry's leg as he rushed to get his trunk in the car.

Harry had no idea how eight people, six big trunks, two owls and a rat were going to fit into one, measly, small Ford Anglia. That was, of course, before Ashton reminded Harry of the 'special features' Mr Weasley was going to put on the car.

"Not a word to Molly," whispered Mr Weasley to Ashton and Harry as he magically opened the boot of the car to show the two boys how he magically expanded the car to make all of the gigantic trunks fit in.

When they all finally got into the car, Mrs Weasley turned around to see Ashton, Harry, Ron, Fred, George sitting comfortably side-by-side, and said, "Muggles do know more than we give them credit for, don't they?" she and Ginny were in the front seat, which Mr Weasley had stretched so much that it resembled a park bench. "I mean, you'd never know it's this roomy from the outside, would you?" Ashton shot Mrs Weasley somewhat of a glare - he didn't know what it was about wizards undermining Muggles all the time, but Muggles, in his opinion, could live just a full a life as a wizard could.

Mr Weasley started up the engine as the car left the backyard, giving Harry just enough time to take one last glance at the Burrow and he barely had time to wonder the next time he'd be there.

Just when they looked like they were about to start moving, George said he left his Filibuster Fireworks. Five minutes later, Fred said he lost his broomstick. Five minutes after that, just as Mr Weasley got out of the driveway, Ginny shrieked that she left her diary.

Honestly, the stupidity of this family, Ashton thought, wondering if it was a mistake coming to the Burrow earlier the summer. Arthur Weasley glanced at his watch and then at his wife.

"Molly, dear--" he had said before his wife turned to him with a glaring look, immediately shutting the idea her husband had in his head down.

"No, Arthur." she said sternly, her eyes ready to vaporise his eyes. Ashton even himself felt a bit uncomfortable being in this situation. 

"Honestly, Molly, it's very cloudy, it's not like any Muggles would even be able to see what was happening--" Mr Weasley was then once more interrupted, not by Mrs Weasley, but Fred and George instead.

"We've tried that excuse already, Dad, it doesn't work." the two boys said in unison as Ashton rolled his eyes and then knew it was a mistake to come to the Burrow. Boy, I bet the Hogwarts Express is going to leave in five minutes.

At quarter to eleven, they finally reached King's Cross, much to the annoyance of Ashton. They all hurried for the station as Mr Weasley dashed back and forth with the trunks across the road.