This Venerable One Can Sing 1

Chu Wanning strummed the guqin string with his thin, delicate fingers. His expression relaxed and serene and it was a relaxing midday. The hearth warmth the little hut he shared with Mo Ran quietly. Outside the snowing was just stopped, leaving a vast white blanket glittering under sunshine.

Tomorrow is New Year Eve at Gu Yu Yue. Xue Meng asked Chu Wanning to perform on stage on behalf of Sisheng Peak. Every sect has to contribute something to enliven the party. Chu Wanning hesitate but to please his favorite student, he would perform. He practiced the melodious tone he usually plays. Mo Ran was cleaning the dusts around the room with the wood spirits help.

'Wanning, you have played this song too often. How about play a new song?'

'You have any idea what to play.'

'Well, there is a song that I heard in plays recently...'

'How the hell should I know. Sing it'

Mo Ran cleared his voice. He is a bit worried about his voice but he sang it anyway. Chu Wanning listened but then listened intensely and his phoenix eyes widened. He couldn't believe what he heard. Mo Ran's deep and clear voice resonating through the room gently. The wood spirits also stopped cleaning and looked at him. Chu Wanning stared at him when Mo Ran finished his singing.

'That's how it sounds, I guess...' Mo Ran turned to see the wood spirits looking at him and then to Chu Wanning, 'Uh, why you guys looking at me?'

Chu Wanning was utterly shocked. He never expected a person like Mo Ran would have such beautiful voice but then remember who his mother was. It isn't strange at all if he inherits his mother talent. Chu Wanning asked, 'Sing again.'

Mo Ran sang it again, thinking Chu Wanning want to learn the song. He sang it melodiously. The wood spirits felt their power surging and energetically cleaning the place. Chu Wanning staring at him in disbelief. Mo Ran voice soothe his heart and he couldn't help but close his eyes.

'Mo Ran, your voice is really beautiful.'

Mo Ran stopped singing and shocked until he turned his head to Chu Wanning. 'Eh?'

'I mean it. It such a pity to waste such talent. Come here, I will teach you how to play guqin.'

Mo Ran was still not sure but he obediently walked to Chu Wanning and his guqin.

Mo Ran and Chu Wanning sat closely to each other until their body sticking closely. It was nothing to them anyway since how many nights they spend together. Chu Wanning soft hands and fingers guiding Mo Ran clumsy hands. Chu Wanning told him this key that key then told him to strum a certain key. When Mo Ran made mistakes, Chu Wanning hand would gently guide his finger to right key. It kept like that for two hours then Chu Wanning started to have déjà vu. He looked at Mo Ran angrily.

'Are you playing with me?'

Mo Ran was dumbfounded, 'Uh, what do you mean?'

Chu Wanning eyes stared at him piercingly as he made a decision, 'Don't you try to fool me twice. I will play you a song and you have to play it perfectly, with no mistake, or tonight no... no.... you sleep on the floor.'

Mo Ran started to realize what Chu Wanning meant, 'No, no, I really can't play. I don't have a talent in this, unlike you.' Mo Ran pleading to Chu Wanning with honesty.

Chu Wanning pushed Mo Ran harshly, 'Listen carefully, I won't play twice'

It was a song with simple keynotes. Mo Ran looked and listened intently, fearing for Chu Wanning threat. Chu Wanning finished the song and then stood, giving space to Mo Ran. Chu Wanning ordered Mo Ran to play. Mo Ran had no choice but oblige.