This Venerable One Can Sing 2

Mo Zongshi trained for three months full learning music. Today he went for lunch with his singer colleagues as usual. He also cooked fish stew for Taxue disciples. After Mei Hanxue telling everyone he is good at cooking and forcing him to cook for them, Taxue cooks would chase him everywhere. He relented and finally become a cook there.

'Mo Zongshi, this is so delicious! Are you opening at restaurant somewhere?'

Mo Ran laughed gently, 'No'

'That's too bad. If you have a restaurant, I would definitely be your loyal customer'

'My skill is not that good. I also don't have time to open one. I spend a lot of days travelling with Chu Zongshi, doing exorcism and helping people'

'Sigh, I wish you will stay here for long time. Mei Xianjun said you will leave Taxue after you able to summon ancient beast. If you want to join Taxue Palace, we would always welcome you.'

'Thank you,' Mo Ran smiled politely.

'And,' the colleague moved closely to Mo Ran and make his voice lower but still enough to be heard by people around the table, 'I heard Sect Leader Jiang is kind of crazy. He has been experimenting with Hatred Flower that Hua Bainan left. I don't know what his intention is, so never ever join Gu Yu Yue. Also, Sect Leader Xue is also suspicious. We can see that he is dating with Mei Xianjun but he also gets chummy with Sect Leader Jiang. I think he is kind of into beautiful men. With a disloyal person as sect leader, aiya, I suggest don't go back to Sisheng Peak. And I don't have to say about other problematic sects. Our sect is the least problematic one,' and since he didn't know that Mo Ran is a Nangong, he said recklessly, 'The least likely to be second Ru Feng Sect is Taxue Palace.'

Mo Ran is kind of bitter, but he forced a smile just to be polite and replied, 'Every sect has their own up and down moments sometimes,' but then he realized, 'Xue Meng and Mei Hanxue are dating?'

'They denied it but it was so clear. We caught Mei Xianjun slipped through night and meeting with Sect Leader Xue in Sisheng Peak. But he got smarter and we couldn't stalk him again. It is not like we against their relationship, but if Sect Leader Xue made Mei Xianjun heartbroken, we wouldn't just ignore it.'

Mo Ran just laughed and they continued to have warm and chatty lunch like usual.

For ordinary people and cultivators, mantras that could only be sung would look like an ordinary mantra. But to cultivators trained in music cultivation, they can hear the mantras tune. Mo Ran had trained in this and for next one month, he would study the Fire Phoenix mantra. He finally able to listen to the tune and report it to Mei Hanxue.

Mo Ran accompanied by Mei Hanxue twins, visit the Phoenix Mountain. They arrived at a lake where the Fire Phoenix sleep.

'Mo Zongshi, ready?'

Mo Ran nodded and he started to sing. When he sang, the mantras glowed, showing that Mo Ran had put his spiritual power through his voice. When he finished singing, nothing happened but then the water suddenly spiraled. Then an enormous phoenix suddenly surfaced and splashed the water around. The mantras glows flowing to the phoenix. The phoenix feathers flared with bright red and orange glow. Mo Ran and the twins could feel the warmth but not burned them up.

Mo Ran and the twins kowtowed, 'Greetings, your honor.'

'Please rise,' after they rise, the Phoenix looked at them with gentle eyes, 'Your voice indeed reminds me of my late husband. Hearing your voice, I finally can let him go and move on. Many thanks to Xianjun.'

Mo Ran cuffed his hands and said, 'I don't deserve it. I just do what I can.'

The Phoenix looked at Mo Ran carefully again, 'Hm? You are a butterfly boned beauty, aren't you? May I know your name, xianjun?'

'It's Mo Ran, your honor'

The Phoenix voice become cheerful and said, 'I see. Well, for repaying your help, I will form a contract with you. You can summon me anytime you need me and I will be at your service.'

Mo Ran kowtowed again, 'Thank you for your generosity'

'No need for formality anymore, Mo Ran, from now on we are comrade. Just call me Xiao Yan, that's what my husband call me.'

'Alright, Xiao Yan.'

'You can summon me anytime, and oh yeah, you can summon me by singing the first line of the mantra. Well then, auf wiedersehen!'

Mo Ran and the twins couldn't understand the last word and thought it just sort of ancient beast language, so they cuffed their hands and bowed as the Phoenix turned into a little flame and went under the water and disappear.

'Well, that's easy,' said Mo Ran, 'Much easier than Jincheng Lake.'

'It was a luck that your voice is similar to her husband's. You might be the only one. Her power cannot be underestimated though. It is said she could burn a city with her aura.'

'Why do you think that my voice would be the same as her husband?'

'You are the thousandth male cultivator with great singing voice that Taxue Palace bet. If you failed, we would find another contestant,' Mei Hanxue make it sounds like he is a judge in singing contest, 'Since you succeeded, congratulation, now you just form a contract with one of the scariest ancient beast.'