five

grayson, 3/21/18

"i can't stay another night.", she laughs and covers her mouth as her lips part. i groan playfully and lean back into the soft cushions of the couch. she was right. it had already been another night full of lust and love.

i'd have to let her return to liam. "trust me, i'd spend all the time in the world with you if i could.", she adds and i look at her, her cheeks flushed with joy and health. i run a hand through my tousled hair and sit back up, taking her hand.

"you'll have to text me when i can see you again as soon as possible then.", i growl with a bright smile and she giggles and crawls into my lap, hooking her arms around my neck.

her head is tilted. she analyzed my face slowly. "trust me, that's a promise i made before you even had spoken it.", she whispers and filling the space between us, she kisses my gently on my upper lip.

her mouth trembles as she breathes out and her eyes are shut, the doors to her soul locked. but i don't need an entrance to know what runs through her beauteous mind. the quiver of the her tone is slight as i place my hand upon her spine, tracing its arch down to her tailbone.

she musters my details, my plump lip and my hazel eyes. i stare back at her with equal amazement. "nothing has ever changed about you.", i mumble and sue sucks in the bright pink bottom lip between her two front teeth.

"you're just as beautiful as then.", i hush and proceed to hide my face in the crook of her neck, her youthful skin soft and warm as my lips meet it. i can barely hear her utter my name.

"grayson.".

oh, the satisfaction she gives me just by saying those two syllables that were so unworthy of her glorious mouth. i pause and lay there, my ear against her collarbone, before retreating my body from hers. "so go.", i whisper softly to her.

she looks at me like a scolded puppy, head tilted and brows furrowed. i laugh at this antic and take a moment to rejoin our palms and fingers, our limbs playing with each other as i glance across her visage.

"go to your husband. make sure he's alright. go to your home. make sure it is still warm there.", i continue. she still looks dazed, confused, but whatever she might feel, she hides it with a soft nod of her tête and a gentille smile.

"alright. i'll make sure liam hasn't turned into a zombie.", she agrees and laughs aloud as i roll my eyes and nudge her gently with a tap on her bosom.

she gets up, and the empty space between us fills with unspoken words. she nods again, looking down at her shoes. "very well.", she mumbles and forces onto her face a tight smile.

i get up and the space becomes smaller, yet it is still big enough to make me feel empty inside. it's wondrous, how physical contact could make me feel so alive and full.

"give him my greetings.", i say just to say something at all. i'd never really gotten used to saying her husbands name aloud. it reminded me too much of what we had to deal with.

"you sound just like a character in a shakespeare play.", she giggles and takes my hand, pressing something soft and gentle into the palm of it. i don't look down at our yet once again intertwined hands but stare right into her grey orbs.

"well, i heard girls tend to fancy a little more romance.", i add, keeping my eyes on her. she shakes her head and laughs. her hair sways softly at her movements.

"well, it's not bad at all.", she admits and let's her hand retreat to herself. i finally look down and see the blue piece of ribbon pinched between my thumb and right forefinger. i level it to my face.

"for you to remember me.", she explains. but that i already knew. i had always known she would give this ribbon to me. it meant a great deal to her heart. i kiss it and lay it into the palm of my left fist.

i strap my hand over my heart and smile at her. "i'll do everything in my abilities to make sure nothing happens to it.", i add when i see her face. she nods again.

"i know you will. now, i'll be off then.", she starts towards the door but i grab ahold of her wrist and pull her back towards me, into my chest, and her hold her tight by the waist.

i kiss my dear, her lips warm and tender as they reunite. and when she pulls back, i watch her smile gleefully and waltz off, out of the front door, letting it fall close behind her.

i regain my position on the couch i had not to soon ago and look at the ribbon she had trusted me with. i hook my fingers around the matte satin, letting the material slither between my fingers like a snake.

i tie it around my left pinkie, glance at it and , again, bare a kiss upon it. i smile and shut my eyes, letting my mind wander off into its daydreams.

i see her face.

-

hi there!
i'll be posting a couple of more chapters over the next days.
i've taken a break from my editing account currently but i don't know wether i should really go back:/
anyways, thank you for reading!
xx,cece