six

grayson, 3/24/18

it felt though as if i hadn't seen her in a century. as if i'd had waited another 5 years. but for some reason, today hurt me harder than any day could have.

it was reese's and liam's two year anniversary. me and ethan we're invited to a small gathering at liam's parents home.

i was nervous. i haven't even known him for a week. but i can't feel any hatred towards him. after all, he does want me to be with reese.

i button up my shirt and fixate a tie around my collar, pulling it tight. ethan walks into my room, wearing a black short sleeved button-down with white jeans.

"you ready?", he asks me and i glance at myself for a moment in the reflection of the window. "yeah.", i mumble and grab the small wrapped up present from my bedside table.

ethan sighs and takes the present. "grayson, everything will be fine.", he tells me. i smile tightly at him and he walks away.

i haven't dared to tell my brother anything about what reese and i have been doing. he thinks that we've been meeting as friends, catching up on our lost time.

i walk out of my room and head for the garage. ethan sits in his jeep on his phone, waiting for me to hop in. i do so and he reacts immediately without a word by starting his car and backing it out.

the drive is short. his parents have a place in beverly. but yet, the drive seems to stretch itself. ethan has some kid cudi on but it doesn't calm me.

i feel even more anxious as i see the house. or rather, mansion. it was rather luxurious and a bit pompous. i didn't think he came from such a family. but it made sense in a way.

of course he couldn't come out to the then as queer. they'd cut him out of their will. it was selfish, but it made sense.

i wonder wether reese was promised anything. the house? or money, perhaps? i shake my head and ethan drives up the driveway to the front of the door, where a porter stood.

we get out of the car and ethan hands the porter his keys, who gets in his car and drives it away. there's no going back now. i can't run.

the door opens and liam stands there, a smile playing on his lips. ethan bounds up the steps and greets him with a firm handshake before disappearing inside.

i follow after him and nod towards liam. "thank you for coming, it means the world to reese.", he whispers to me and i smile at the mentioning of her name.

"of course. thank you for inviting us.", i reply and he guides me and ethan to what he called the 'reception and tea room'.

rich people.

reese is wearing a beautiful yellow sundress. her cheeks glow in contrast to it and i swear i have to try my best not to run over to her and kiss her on those sweet lips.

"mother, father, these are ethan and grayson.", liam introduces us to the elderly couple on one of the couches.

they both stand up. they wear golden jewelry and his father is dressed up in a suit. i feel slightly underdressed.

"lovely to meet you.", the woman says and curtsies slightly. i nod and smile. "thank you for having us.", ethan replies for us.

on one of the four couches sits a young girl and a young man, about the same age as us. liam introduces them as harley, an old friend from college, and his daughter, laurel.

my twin and i sit on the free couch and i almost wince aloud when reese's hands intertwine with liams. i bite my tounge.

it's just a show. it's fake. she loves you, not him.

as much as i repeat those words in my head like some sort of ritual chant, just a glance at their hands could kill me a little inside. so i keep my eyes away from them and turn my attention to ethan, who is in deep conversation with harley.

"i'm grayson.", i smile and the girl, laurel, looks up at me. she can't be older than 10, that's for sure. she stretches out a hand and points at my tie. "i like the tie clip.", she mumbles and i look down at it.

it's a small beaded dragonfly, red and blue. i take it off and hand it to her. she tilts her head at me in question. "have it.", i tell her and she smiles, pocketing it.

harley notices this and nudges her softly. "what do you say, laur?", he hissed down to her, eyeing me slowly. "thank you, mr. grayson.", she whispers and i laugh.

"just grayson is okay.", i say and liam's mother pipes up. "so where do you two live?", she asks and i can tell from her voice that she wasn't going to judge.

"brea.", Ethan replies on our account and she nods. "nice area. of course not good enough for my cheek of a husband.", she rolls her eyes playfully and I stifle a laugh.

"how long have you been friends with reese?", her husband joins in on the conversation. "oh, we grew up together.", i lie quickly and ethan stiffens beside me. he has no idea about reese, really. they're just acquainted.

a butler walks in before he can reply to me and announces that tea would be served soon. liam thanks him and the butler disappears just as fast as he came. we all rise to our feet and reese holds her gaze onto mine.

"liam, how about we show them around the house?", she nudges her 'husband' and he nods, turning to his parents. "we'll follow in a moment.", he tells them and they exit the room along with harley and laurel.

reese's hand detaches from liam's and she walks towards me, smiling tightly. ethan stares at us before liam takes his arm and drags him out the room, pretending to show him around.

reese's hands are in mine and before i can protest she kisses me gently on the mouth. her sweet taste makes me curl my lips into a smile as i open my mouth to her.

she pulls back and smiles. "i missed you.", she mumbles and i chuckle at her cuteness. i pull her into my chest and wrap my arms around her, shutting my eyes and leaning my chin onto the top of her head.

"i missed you more.", i murmur into her hair and she giggles, looking up at me. i look into her smiling face and fall in love just a little more with her, as if that were even possible.

"come on, i'll take you on a very special tour."

-

hey there!
just a small update cause i had half of it typed up already here so i finished it off to get my account a bit more active again! i'll be updating a lot on 'stalker' soon so stay up to date and follow me if you aren't yet to know asap when new chapters are out!

(lmao i suck at self promo can someone do it for me istg i'm so cheesy✨)

xx,cece