22 - Live For Me

BTOB ~ Please (/Climax) 

*

[earlier]

"Bogum please! You need to help me", Taehyung begged. He had just briefly told Bogum about the other world and the portal that led to it.

"I can't believe what you're saying... are you out of your mind?"

"I'm not making this up! Please, there's not much time. I have to empty this so that they can't get through!"

Bogum looked concerned, like he was contemplating whether to take Taehyung to a mental hospital or just go along with what he was saying.

"And you want to go back there, even though you can't get back? Or should I fill the pool again later?"

"That's... I don't know when it'd be safe... if they win the war then it's never safe..." Taehyung muttered. He felt sorry for his parents and for Bogum too but he wanted to go back because... Jungkook is there.

"Just...can you prove it to me? That this portal or whatever really works?"

Taehyung didn't have to think twice.

"Come with me."

He yanked the other in the pool along with him.

- - -

"Oh my god..."

"Believe me now? Go back and empty the pool for me, please. I have a feeling that something bad is going to happen."

"...Is it Jeon?"

"...I'm sorry."

Taehyung had made it. He had gotten Bogum to empty the pool for him, now he had to find Jungkook. But to do that, he first had to convince the guards staring at him eyes wide open.

"Taehyung? For real?"

He wasn't sure if he was lucky or not when he recognized Jaebum. 

"Hi? It's been long, hasn't it?" he started, feeling awkward enough to bite his tongue.

"W-why are you in the lake?"

"Just to make sure no one is getting through", Taehyung explained, quickly getting off the water.

"What exactly did you do? Vampire", the other wolf gritted his teeth.

"I know I left the village but I promise I'm on your side", Taehyung assured. 

"Why should we believe you?"

This was bad. If he couldn't convince them, he could end up dead right then and there. That wouldn't do, now that he had been able to return he couldn't not see Jungkook again.

"Because Yoon- the king, I mean, he made me this. I never wanted to be a vampire, I was held a hostage until some friends helped me escape", he told honestly, "So I have a grudge against him."

It was not the full truth but true nonetheless. The wolf he didn't know still seemed doubtful but Jaebum was already walking to him with a relaxed expression.