Chapter 2

"Wait, they left?"

"Yeah..." a rather upset Mina moaned after receiving a rushed text from their red headed friend about some sort of stomach pain, "god, that stinks. I miss my blasty boy."

"Yeah, he seemed so upset. But, I mean, can you blame him," the floating dress muffled a response. She'd been the last one in, "I don't think they noticed I was still out there. Ahgh, I feel bad for eavesdropping now..."

"I too feel as if I didn't respond as I should have," Iida muffled in a polite, yet pained manner while he removed the pair of glasses from his face in order to clean them, "I don't think any of us did."

Silence fell for a moment or two, but only a moment or two, as Midoriya didn't hesitate to speak his mind, "I agree, but I mean," the boy's voice filled with worry, "I don't understand why Kirishima didn't say anything. Why they kept it so hidden that he was injured. I don't get it. They know we're here to support them no matter what, right?"

Silence once more, before Todoroki, who'd hadn't said a word since he'd arrived, answered the new, number one hero, "well, Kirishima does, I'd assume. But you know Bakugo. He's never been one to trust others."

Another who'd stayed silent made their voice heard. A shy croak came from behind the half and half boy, which made the lot turn towards their petite, frog friend, "plus he mentioned the villains. They targeted him before. Multiple times, actually. He never mentioned it publicly, but we worked together on a case back a year or so ago, and he said something about them keeping tabs on him; they're petty, and hate that he said no, I think? Anyway, I'd wanna go into hiding if something like that happened to me, too. Especially in those circumstances."

"I guess I never thought of it that way," Midoriya thought once more, and brought his hand up to cover his mouth in a thoughtful manner, "It makes sense though. I just wish there was something I could do to help."

"Yeah," Tsu croaked once more, and sunk into a nearby chair, "I know he'd do the same."

A, surprisingly, much changed Mineta spoke in a confident, and incredible smooth manner. The way he stood made it incredibly obvious that he had been attempting to show off his newfound height, and good looks to the others, "would he though? I know y'all think he's all secretly nice. But let's face it, he's always been really rude to all of you. Like, sure, I wasn't great either. I was nasty, and I'll be the first to admit it. But he was rude, and scary," one of the violet balls was unstuck from the top of his head, and tossed up, and around in the air as a way to pass time, and keep his hands occupied, "he doesn't care about any of us. I mean, he didn't even bother to say anything. He just cut us all off. That says a lot."

A few kept silent; the same ones that refused to talk to the blonde, out of fear, or something else back when they were teens; but the majority denied the grape quirk users claims; including a huffy Kaminari, "okay, listen dude. Yeah, sure he's rude. But you have no place to judge. You didn't know him."

"Fair. But from an outsider's perspective, he didn't care at all. Just my opinion," the ball he'd been tossing was shot across the room, basketball style, into a small trash can, before he slouched himself in a chair as well.

The lot bit their tongues, and decided to move on, rather than argue. The majority took their seats, while an attemptedly calm Mina slipped a phone out, "I'm gonna call Kiri. I feel bad."

"I wanna talk too," the floating dress planted herself into Mina's shoulder as if they were conjoined twins, which got her quite a few confused eyebrow raises from the others.

"What? I never got to be friends with him, and I feel left out!"

The pink haired girl simply rolled those black eyes of hers, before tapping that green call button.