Chapter Four

Eriks POV:
Her music brought tears to my eyes once more, I knew dropping that tapestry would cause Carlotta to leave and I had to prove to Collette I kept my word. "bravissima." I whispered hauntingly before hurrying back to the chapel where I knew she would go to.  "I-I did it Phantom...thank you or thank you very much for your kindness." She said looking around I could tell she was looking for me. "Yes my angel you've impressed me." I said hauntingly my voice lingering in the chapel walls. I emerged from the darkness to face her. "Phantom!" She yelled coming to her feet. "Collette...my Angel you've done more than impress me." I set setting out my hand she rest hers in mine and walked her down the stone staircase to the gondola. "Sing my angel." I said as she sang so sweetly. "My angel." I said in a hushed tone. I helped her out of the gondola onto the stone flooring walking her over to the organ. "Begin on the aria." I said sitting down as she readied herself. Her voice was smooth and perfect in every way. After a while, she decided to take a break while I played, I walked her to the swan bed where she could sit and rest. It had been a while and I played quietly as so she could relax. I heard light footsteps and felt her hands running up my neck caressing my face, I put my hand on hers as she smiled. Her light touch felt amazing. I felt the mask slowly leaving my face as I slammed my hand against it knocking it back in place. "No!" I said slamming my hand down. I turned to see the fear in her eyes. "No I promise the fear you feel now will only be worse if you do that." I said standing guy to face her. I could almost see tears in her eyes...I scare her, did she see what lay behind the mask. "Collette..." I said taking a step toward her as she flinched back. "Very well, I think it's best we return you they will be looking for their star." I said walking to the gondola. Damn it all that work to make her feel safe to spark her love...ruined because of my temper the only thing I can't control. I walked her up the stairs and disappeared before she could say another word.
Collettes POV:
Madame Giry situated me in Carlotta's old room, it was gorgeous nothing like the bunks. After she left I looked around at all the things the furs and the dresses, I changed into a dressing gown and couldn't get my eyes off the mirror it called to me. I could almost make out a shape behind it... "phantom?" I said moving closer. "Collette..." he whispered hauntingly. "Phantom!" I exclaimed coming over to him. "H-how is this possible!" I said I walked towards him. "You'll learn in time." He said coming closer to the mirror. "I'm-im Sorry about what happened earlier...my curiosity took over me I-I didn't mean to." I said putting my hands against the mirror. "Do not apologize angel." He whispered. "Now I mustn't keep you, the opera starts soon." He said turning to leave. "Phantom wait!" I called after him as he turned around. "Yes Collette?" He said confused. "Will you attend." I asked coming back up to the mirror. "If you please, look for me in the 5th box." He said turning and leaving disappearing into the darkness. I quickly changed into the gown Madame giry came not long after to tie it for me and she helped me out to the stage. I waltzed on stage and turned seeing everyone my nerves took me over and I started to hyperventilate, I remembered what he said. "If you please, look for me in the 5th box." I looked up to see him standing in the shadows he nodded and I smiled getting back into character. I sang like I've never sang before more than the phantom had ever heard I wanted to impress him. I could see the smirk on his face after the aria, the crowd roared with applause. "Brava Angel." I heard echoing as Madame Giry walked me back to the dressing room. "You did amazing my child." She said turning and smiling as she opened the door. "Ah, he is very pleased with you." She said walking over and picking up the rose with the black ribbon tied around it and handing it to me. "Th-the phantom." I whispered quietly. "Why yes child, and he doesn't do this for just everybody." She said smiling and untying my corset. "I'll leave you to change." She said opening the door. "Goodnight Collette." She said closing it behind her, I smiled and changed into a nightgown. "Oh phantom I tried I really did." I said walking over to the mirror. "And amaze me you have, your quite exquisite." He said appearing in the mist behind the mirror. A knock came from my door but I paid no mind. "Collette your voice is growing more everyday, my angel I'm impressed." He said what looked like a smirk came upon his face. "Collette whose is that voice!" The phantoms face shot up in concern I turned that voice was familiar. I turned to look at him but he was gone. "Phantom! Phantom where are you!" I said putting my hands against the mirror. I gave up and turned for the door, it was Raphael a man I so little wished to be present with. I opened the door, "Raphael why hello." I said looking up at him with a shy smile. "Whose was that voice who were you sneaking with." He said pushing me out of the way. "Nobody Raphael please don't bother." I said following after him putting my hands on his arm. He threw his arm back sending me into the vanity. "RAPHAEL!" I yelled catching the alcohol spray before it crashed onto the ground. "I TOLD YOU NOBODY WHY DO YOU NEVER LISTEN!" I said walking up behind him. "IF YOU WOULD JUST LISTEN FOR ONCE-." He turned and smacked me I stumbled back a little. "You don't raise your voice at me, You have the audacity to tell me to listen when your sneaking behind me with another man!" He said searching behind and under everything. I held my cheek as the tears against it stung. "How dare you!" He said staring me down. "I told you no Opera, so you have to go and find a secret lover! Oh hear me out Collette you won't be leaving this room!" He said slamming the door. I looked at the destroyed vanity seeing my bright red cheek brought me to tears. "IGNORANT FOOL!" The phantoms voice boomed in my room. "Angel I hear you." I said looking around. "He has quite a nerve!" The phantom continued. He appeared in the mirror and I ran over to it dropping to my knees in tears. "Oh phantom please...rid me of this awful pain." I said as a hand rest on my back. "My angel...he will pay for what he's done to you." I looked up to see the anger and fury in his eyes. He wiped the tears from my cheek careful to be light on the other. "Oh angel..." his voice broke off. I was entranced in his eyes. "Tomorrow there will be a masquerade...I will free you of that sin." He said standing up and disappearing into the fog of the mirror. My mind was racing if what he meant. "Oh angel." I said looking up into my reflection in the mirror. "Erik." A voice whispered in the room. Was that his name, was that someone else. But there were no more responses. I laid down crying myself to sleep thinking of Raphael and the phantom. What new surprises lie in store.