6: Teams

"Do you feel bad?" I questioned, as Marcus carried me to my room. He didn't answer. "Didn't think so."

Marcus pushed my door open and laid me down onto the bed. After I was settled, he began picking up the broken table. I watched him in silence.

How could he be my soul mate? He was nothing like I pictured my future husband to me. Husband. I shivered at the thought of Marcus being anything so special. And if I didn't accept him, I would die. But I was already dead. I wondered if it would be any different without my body.

Marcus continued to clean my room and bathroom while I lay lost in thought.

He's not my soul mate.

"I am." Marcus answered. I looked at him, bewildered.

"What?!" He sat on the edge of my bed.

"I am sorry. You said I wasn't, but I am." I relaxed, relieved he didn't have a mind reading supernatural power or something.

"Oh." I mumbled. He sighed and leaned onto his knees putting his head into his hands.

"I get so angry. It's the wolf in me. It's hard to control. My brother, Trevor, he's just cruel to begin with but that's not my nature. I want to be gentle. It's just sometimes people do things and..."

I cleared my throat. "Is that what will happen to me if I become a werewolf?" He looked at me over his shoulder.

"Are you thinking of accepting me as your mate?" His eyes were bright.

"If....If I accept you and that's my destined species." He remained quiet for a moment.

"I don't know. I've haven't met a female werewolf to know." I furrowed my brow in confusion.

"How not?" He shrugged.

"You're not supposed to leave your family home until your mate is retrieved." I sat up then.

"Then how did your dad find a woman to knock up?" He clenched his jaw. "Sorry, that's your mom." I apologized.

"He broke the laws. His punishment was Frederick. Usually witches will ruin a supernaturals bloodline with a human if someone wrongs the Order."

"What happens if I leave?" Marcus eyed me suspiciously.

"Why?" I shrugged.

"I want to know these things." He searched my face.

"You lose your body. The 'clone' dissipates. You're tied to your mate's home by magic." I returned the face searching.

"Are you lying?" He smirked. "I knew it."

"Technically there is some truth to that. You have limited time to decide what to do, just like Marissa mentioned. If you leave, that's less time you have to decide and means the chances of you actually dying are higher." I took a deep breath.

"I have a million questions." I admitted. Marcus laughed.

"About?" I threw my hands up in confusion.

"Literally everything. Me, the other side, the Order, you... there's a never ending list in my head." Marcus got more comfortable on my bed.

"Start with me. Ask about me." I gave him a look. "What do you want to know?" I pursed my lips at him.

"Do you actually turn into a wolf?" He chuckled. "I'm serious!"

"A wolf of sorts. It's more like I'm me, but stronger and my face changes a bit." I nod.