Vow, I am a Callen....

"STOP, IT" a portly man shouted and lumbered towards us.

"Why are you beating this young lad" he asked in a strong voice to the chef.

"He Dosen't have money to pay for his food" the chef said taking out the note and showed it to the man.

"okay, you go and serve the others I will take care of him" the chief nodded and went to attend the others.

Then turning to me, he gave a big smile "don't mind him, he is always like that, follow me now if you will?" he asked.

I have half the mind to follow him, still thinking this will take me out of this mess I followed him.

He started towards the other end of the long table and then went inside the door beside it. I hesitated, for a moment it would be foolhardy to go more deep into the stall.

Still I had no choice,the people were watching me, taking a deep breath to calm my nerves, I steadied myself and went inside the door.

The inside was dimly lit by chandlebra, the candels gave it an eerie look. I saw two door one to my right, which was closest to me and the other on my left farther away. The man was standing on the left door.

Seeing me the man smiled again and beckoned me to come.

I went there and the man ushered me inside, then closed the door firmly behind us.

The room was lit with candels around the corners, hanging from the room. There was a rack filled with parchment and old books on the back. A low wooden table in the center was the only other furniture there.

The man sat down on the ground with a huff.

"Please sit down and be comfortable" he said keeping his hands on the table.

I sat down unsure of why did he call me in here, was I going to be trapped here, will I ever see the daylight. I shuddered  at those thoughts, I wanted to go home.

"hmmm.... So, who are you"

"I am D-dylan" I stammered unable to help myself.

"Now-now, don't be afraid. I know you are not from here and are confused" he said patting my shoulder assuringly.

"H-how" I barked out "what is this place, why am I here, how am I here......"

"Calm down will you, I will tell you everything. This is a long and important tale so make sure that you are listening to it with all your attention" he said in a serious voice. I nodded and he started...

"This place is Aldgaris. And you my boy are a callen" he looked at my confused face.

"let me start from the starting to make you understand. Aldgaris has a history of great rulers, who are the best warrior here. The only thing is that the ruler is not of our world but, from your world"

"Every fifty years, two hundred teenagers from your place are chosen to compete for the crown of Aldgaris. The last surviving warrior then becomes the ruler"

"what happens to the current ruler then?" I asked intrigued.

"mostly, they give away the crown to the winner and go on an exile" the man answered.

"What if I don't want to fight?" I questioned.

"There is no going back, once you've been selected now, you have to either fight or you die" he said firmly, his face plain.

"Why does this happens, why are we selected to fight and how can you be so sure that I am a callen" I asked stubbornly still not ready to believe that this mess was real shit.

"I dont know why this happens or why you are selected. This can only be found out by looking in the ancient books in king's library. You asked me how am I so sure that you are a callen then its the sword" he explained, I looked at my sword at its mention.

"I guess then my death is fixed then" I said sighing and looked down at the sword.

"Don't say that, you seem to be a good fighter you just need a little practicing" he said eyeing me.

"No you don't understand. Though I look like a fighter I am not, believe me" I said frustrated "What did I do to get myself in this mess, dang it"

"Do you have any other option" he asked in a solemn voice.

"No-" I shouted, then suddenly stopped "Actually, I have a way. What if I can hide my sword then nobody would know that I am a callen"

"That seems like a good idea, where will you hide the sword"

"I don't mind, I would throw it in the river or shove it in a dustbin. The only problem is its attached to my hand with a chain. How I hoped that it wasn't, it would've made it so much easier" I lamented.

As if it heard me I felt my wrist growing lighter, I looked only to see the chan had vanished all together and only the sword remained in my hand.

"vow, what just happened?" I looked at the man for answer, he seemed as surprised as I was.

"Anyways, I can now throw away the sword and nobody will know that I am a callen" as if on cue, the chains appeared again.

"looks like the sword will snag your hand anytime you think of getting rid of it" the man said with a chuckle.

"fine I won't throw you" I shouted tersly at the blade and the chain vanished.

"wait a second, I have something for you" he said standing up. It was hard for him becauseof his giant frame. He went to the rack behind and started rummaging through it.

I looked at him, before turning back to see a poster that was on the opposite wall, I wasn't able  to see it before because the man covered it.

I stood up and walked up to the poster, and peeled it from the wall. A poster shouldn't have intrested me but, this one did, cause I spotted the word callen written on it.

"what you doing kid" I heard the man's voice from behind.

I turned around to see him holding something black and silver, it looked mettalic.

"what's that?" I asked pointing to the the thing he was holding.

"This, is a sheath for your sword. It will help you to carry your sword. My brother gave this to me many years back. I have it from then" he said handing me the sheath.

I took it and sheathed my sword, it was a perfect fit. I belted it to my back, like a ninja.

"what are you looking in that paper for?" the man asked.

"Nothing, its just an announcement for callens, looks like the king has organized a meeting" I said looking at the man.

"what does this have to do with you, don't tell me you are......" the man said suddenly nervous.

"yes, I think I will join the meeting" I said completing his words.

"This is a BAD IDEA!" the man exclaimed, I didn't hear him. I was going to the meeting and that was final.

***Before we go I have something new, some of my readers told me this idea so, here you go***

I have given down two title here, vote for the one, which you want to see as the title for the chapter.

I can become the king of this weird place/ vow I am a callen. (comment down which one should I keep as the title)

Voting open till: closed

A/N: hope you guys liked this chapter, if so then don't forget to give vote and comment your views. Before we part, I would like to make two things clear. First, this book is a part of MADwritersOrg
Secondly to follow MATT's prespective of the story follow the story by MJaM31

Thanks, have a great day..............