Goons of Hailing

I looked down ahead to see a boy running towards me frantically. I moved towards him and stopped right in front of him.

"Are you a soldier from the king," The boy directly asked.

"Yep, I am. Why kid" I asked looking at the boy.

He looked African by the skin tone that had me confused Because I had seen the people in the kingdom looked very different.

Looks like here all the people live together with equality, not like our place.

I nodded but, that was not what I was thinking, he looked different. That's when it hit me, he had more than trained legs while his upper body was just normal. It looked as if he trained his legs more than his body.

"Okay then please follow me, we need your help urgently" saying this the boy turned around and started sprinting upwards.

I started paddling up too. The slope was a little too straight, paddling was becoming a hard task. I looked at the boy to see how he was doing. Surprisingly he was moving well though his speed has decreased he wasn't out of breath.

Come to think of it even while he came all the way down running, his speech was perfect. I could now guess what is the reason behind those worked up legs.

The reached the top of the mountain to see a gate a little away, a huge crowd was gathered there with loads of wares and boxes, it looked like it was a market place.

There were two huge wagons on one side of the gate and all the people were lugging their wares into them.

I came and stopped beside the boy, who was looking angrily at what was happening.

"What's going on here, what is this place," I asked eyeing the boy and then the scene unfolding in front of me.

"This is Village Hailing and they are taking our goods for free with force, I am not going to let that happen," He said.

"Who are you talking about, boy," I asked and he pointed out to two people.

Both had pistols in their hand and were directing the crowd, waving the pistol in the air.

"Stop it right now, surrender yourself I have a king's guard with myself" the boy shouted across making all of them look in their direction.

"Where I can't see any" one of the men said loudly coming forward. The little boy took a step back.

"Don't you see the boy beside me?" the boy said indicating towards me with his eye.

"You mean he will save you, LET HIM TRYYY" the man bellowed and lunged towards the boy.

I quickly came in between and caught hold of his arm. Twisting it behind his back I pushed him back.

"YOU ARE DEAD NOW BOY!!" the man roared and held up his gun.

I knew that my cloth was a good all-time multi purpose built but, I doubt it could stop the bullet.

I quickly unsheathed my sword and took position.

"Wait tha.. That weapon" the man said trembling, even his hands started shaking.

I looked around to see even the people were frightened a little. I looked at the boy and saw him eyeing my sword fear evident in his eyes.

"Ar-are yo-you a Callen," He asked trembling fr the first time.

"Yes," I said, not knowing why were they afraid.

I didn't get to ask that because suddenly I heard a voice from behind the crowd.

"Put your sword down callen or I will kill this woman," the other man said.