1- Papa?

Kill Itachi and avenge the Uchiha.

That was Sasuke's goal ever since and that's what he's working on right now.

He had stripped himself of all bonds and any other distractions he knew, because to him, getting stronger is the only way he could defeat the monster who slaughtered his family. He'd travel from a place to another, training everyday and hunting his brother, with the team he formed to aid his purpose.

A team.

While team Taka gave him good aid, especially Karin who is a sensory type, Sasuke sometimes finds himself wondering how could this quest be if he's doing it with Team 7. As much as he made himself despise those memories he had with them, he cannot deny the perfect dynamics his previous team had.

For one, Kakashi was a strong leader. He wasn't exactly a perfect one- he's always late, he's a pervert, and he has a dry sense of humor. Nevertheless, the copy nin knew how to distribute roles, and he's powerful enough to lead the team out of even the most dangerous situations victorious.

This is then complemented by Naruto who's always been an idiot but a lucky bastard. He was impulsive, but Sasuke will not deny how impressive his chances of success are. For some reason, the dobe more often managed to get his way, even when he only had 4 genjutsus on his sleeve. His impulse and idiocy complements Sasuke's carefully calculated attacks very well that it made them almost unstoppable when they work together towards a same goal.

And then there's Sakura.

Sasuke almost had the edges of his lips tug upwards when he thought about the pinkette. Suigetsu almost caught this, but of course, even if he did, he'd rather dismiss that than challenge the young Uchiha. Teasing him would have been suicide in the Shark boy's perspective.

Apparently, the almost smile was caused by a pleasant sensation Sasuke felt in a very very brief moment. His mind wondering about some pink hair filled his nostrils with its scent that he almost believed she was there.

Sakura wasn't powerful, nor did she come from a special family like those Hyuga cousins from their class. Still, team 7 was that squad, because the pinkette balances all the differences of the men within. She was mentally strong- both in the psychological and intellectual sense. She's managed to beat him in several written exams, and she was capable of handling the tensions of his rivalry with Naruto. Frankly, if she hadn't been so focused on him, Sasuke believed Sakura will be an impressive and strong kunoichi. For one, he saw she can land a good punch. Good thing it was always nust Naruto who got that. 

He then almost smirked again as he can't help but wonder if she's gotten stronger now.

You can't do this. You need to stop thinking about those people. You have to cut all your bonds, idiot. He told himself and took a deep breath.

Of course things would have been lighter, probably easier, if it was team 7 he was with right now. Nonetheless, Sasuke maintains that that team would only hinder his own growth, primarily because he was starting to get so attached to them. Their resemblances to his family had made him distracted and soft, and that won't do if he truly wanted to kill his brother.

Not to mention they won't even let him be consumed by his revenge, when that's what he really wanted in the first place. Sasuke believes he has to succumb to darkness for the sake of his goal. The only way he could be with that team while being in that state was either to make them go with him to the dark side, or it was him that will be chasing their light.

He wasn't having any of that.

He can't have any of that.

To be honest, he had considered Sakura's offer to come with him before he left Konoha so much. He wanted to say yes- to bring someone precious to him so he could remain grounded and keep the human in him as he go for his goal. He wanted to smile and tell her 'sure,' yet he couldn't bring himself to do it because he knew Sakura had a future awaiting her in the village. He also knew seeking Orochimaru's counsel will be dangerous, and he still wasn't strong enough to protect the pinkette if anything unsolicited happens.