WHEN IT RAINS

Are monsters born or created?

■ ■ ■ ■ ■

FOR THE LONGEST TIME, Ofelia Torres didn't know if she'd ever see Jasper Whitlock again. As a former soldier in Maria's army, freedom was something that Ofelia was not familiar with. Spending decades under Maria's command, fighting and killing their way to the top, she'd completely forgotten what it was like to make her own decisions, to be her own person instead of a puppet on a string. So when the opportunity came to escape her confines alive (well, as alive as an immortal woman could be without a heartbeat) she took it without hesitation and fled, refusing to look back at what she was leaving behind.

And for a while, things were good. She had Jasper, Peter and Charlotte by her side ready to take the world by storm. But it soon became pretty clear that she and Jasper wanted different things out of their new taste of freedom. And so they went their separate ways. Jasper followed another vampire who was destined to be his best friend to a coven of golden-eyed immortals. Here, he took on a new name, a new diet, a new family where he could finally be himself. Ofelia, on the other hand, simply let the tide take her wherever she was supposed to be, just her and the universe. She wasn't ready for the picket-white fence life just yet.

But when she stumbles upon Alice Cullen several decades later, she knows the universe has decided that things needed to change. Her former love and his coven were in danger, and despite the expanse of space and time separating them, Ofelia would do anything to keep him safe. And so the tide leads her to rainy Forks, Washington, to the only piece of her former life that Ofelia didn't completely hate. Just how the universe wanted it to be.

■ ■ ■ ■ ■

( WHEN IT RAINS )

STARRING...

ROSALIA TOBELLA
as OFELIA TORRES
❝What happened to that quiet life you wanted, Amor?❞

ROSALIA TOBELLAas OFELIA TORRES❝What happened to that quiet life you wanted, Amor?❞

&

TASYA TELES
as BECK HERRING
❝Tell me, Miss Torres, did you ever stop running?

TASYA TELESas BECK HERRING❝Tell me, Miss Torres, did you ever stop running?❞

■ ■ ■ ■ ■

Disclaimer: I don't own Twilight. All rights unfortunately belong to Stephenie Meyer and her series. I only own my original characters, Ofelia and her family, and any plotlines you're unable to recognise.

Dedications!

This book is dedicated to the lovely seIcouth. Without Rachel, I wouldn't be posting Ofelia right now. She helped me choose her faceclaim and her name, helped me come up with her background and answered any questions I had about Hispanic culture. Honestly, thank you so much for this, Rach, I love you lots and I hope I do Ofelia justice.