o. see you again

PREFACE:SEE YOU AGAIN

PREFACE:
SEE YOU AGAIN

■ ■ ■ ■

IN EVERY WOMAN, THERE is a singular flame burning bright. Roaring to escape its confines of skin and bone, watching and waiting before it burned through flesh and eradicated the world. If the man was the structure of the eternal home, the woman was the foundations it stood upon, strong and sturdy with the power of a hundred men combined. Just one tiny gust of wind, one chink in the armor of stone, and the fire would catch and the house would crumble. A rude awakening, for even the untouchable eternal home is vulnerable to attacks. Nothing so internally fragile could ever be permanent, only the foundations that stayed battered and bruised but strong in the aftermath of their own flames, unyielding in their tenacity, in otherworldly glory.

Ofelia Torres had the flames of a thousand women burning away in her ribcage. Torres women had hearts of lions and minds of steel. Her mother had always taught her that silence was far more dangerous than furious uncalculated words, even when the flames were yearning to burst free. To phase the patriarchy, to destroy the structure, the foundation needed the perfect time to strike, to seemingly crumble so the rest could follow. And in the new dawn, the sun would rise and they would walk free, dancing around in the wreckage to a tune of their own making.

But while Ofelia Torres is the fire, Jasper Hale is the rain. Two seemingly opposing forces fighting for power yet existing in harmony against all odds. When the fire caught and spread too far, threatening to swallow humanity whole, the rain swept through in a drizzle and put out the unneeded spot-fires. A whirlwind of power uniting against one enemy, the wolf dressed in sheep's clothing, for the aforementioned freedom only tasted so sweet when the shackles were broken.

Ofelia never thought she'd see her raincloud again. Where the fire chased the horizon the raincloud sat upon, it never quite managed to reach its destination. But then Alice Cullen, the hurricane contained in a tiny body, swept on through with omens of death sitting on her shoulders, and the fire and rain collided.

Finally.