𝗶𝘃. idiots

i don't want those dimples to disappear

WHERE IS THE DAMN sugar in this place? I groan in defeat, closing the cupboard shut. How am I supposed to drink bitter hot chocolate? I rack my brain for possible substitutes. Honey? Maple syrup? That's going to be nasty.

What if I go ask one of my "neighbours"? But it's 2 a.m. and I don't want to set a bad impression. The dining hall definitely has sugar though...

And with that, I turn the stove off and walk into the bathroom to fix my appearance. I dust off my cropped white tank top and black sweatpants. I run a hand through my hair, fluffing it up. Good enough. I pull on an oversized zip-up and head out the door.

I make my way down the hallway, observing the design. A long maroon carpet stretched from end to end and the wooden chair rail glistened in the dim lighting. I stop to examine the painting hung up on the wall. I read the gold plate that's attached to the dark wooden frame. Atticus Ellison, 1903-1967.

The renaissance styled painting was absolutely gorgeous, its features extremely detailed. I continue walking down the hallway and out of Carmine house. I shiver against the cold night breeze and breathe in the sweet tea-like smell of the sycamore trees. I start sprinting towards the main building desperately trying not to freeze my ass off.

I sigh in relief at the warm air inside the building. I make my way towards the dining hall and pick up a couple of packets of sugar. I smile at the guy who was sipping some tea next to the door. "Can't sleep either?" he grins, his brown hair flopping over his eyes.

I shake my head, looking down at my hands, "Not really,"

"Insomnia?"

"Yeah," I sigh, rubbing my eyes.

"She's a bitch, isn't she?"

I smirk, "Definitely. Well... it was nice talking to you, but I really must go back to my room,"

He raises two fingers and salutes me, "See you around," I nod and start to walk to the door. "Wait," he speaks.

I turn around with slightly raised eyebrows, "Yeah?"

"I'm Archer," he informs, sending a small smile my way.

I nod with a smile of my own, "I'm Talor," And with that, I start my journey back. Eventually, I get inside Carmine and I walk down the hallway.

I furrow my eyebrows at a tall figure leaning against the wall a little further down the hall. I swallow thickly and let my eyes adjust to the dim lighting. And that's when I realise, that they are covered in blood. I steadily walk towards the figure and the metallic smell of the red substance enters my nose and I grimace.

My heart practically stops in my chest. The figure grunts and leans their head against the wall. "Need some help?" I ask carefully.

His head snaps towards me, "No," he scowls, taking out a key from his pocket. My eyes widen in recognition, and I ignore the way my heart rate spikes at the sight of him. Rhysand.

I raise an eyebrow, "Are you kidding me? You've got a limp, you're bleeding everywhere, you've got bruised knuckles-"

He glowers at me, "I get it,"

"Do you?" I eye his blood-soaked clothes. Did he murder someone? Jesus, Talor. Leave it to you to become an accomplice to a crime. "Just... come here," I muttered, opening my door. I wait for him to walk in, but he just stands there. I purse my lips, "Fine. I won't help you,"

I start to close the door behind me when he says, "Wait.

I smirk in victory and open the door once again, "Welcome,"