𝗶𝗶𝗶. average

oh who am i kidding? even his hair is perfect

"I'M NOT GOING TO talk to him, and that's final," I huff, crossing my arms over my chest. I've been arguing with Zayn for 10 minutes straight about calling my dad, and I was sick of it.

He was ruining the mood, as I was currently trying to enjoy myself at the park on campus. "Also, can you move your big nose out of my family business?"

His expression stays stoic, (which weirded me out, a piece of rock shows more emotion than him) "He's asking me to ask you. I'm not doing this voluntarily, you know,"

I roll my eyes, "Neither am I. I don't want, no, I don't need a bodyguard. I'm perfectly fine, I don't need protec-" My eyes widen at the sight of a football barreling towards me.

I find myself unable to move, so I cower and squeeze my eyes shut, bracing for impact. But nothing hit my face. I turned around in my seat at the bench to face Zayn who was smirking triumphantly, holding a football as if it were a medal.

I scowl before turning back around and glaring at the boy standing a couple yards away from me, wincing and mouthing "sorry".

Zayn grunts, throwing the ball back to the boy. Stupid ball. Why did you give Maxon the chance to inflate his ego? "What were you saying again? I don't need a bodyguard. I'm perfectly fine, I don't need protecting," he mimics, his voice a couple pitches higher. What a douchebag.

"What? No 'thank you' ?" he asks incredulously, and I don't reply, finding the duck tripping over it's own feet, a couple meters away, far more interesting. "Are you sure you're a princess? Your manners are horrific," he mutters under his breath, walking back to his spot that he was watching me from.

"He's such a creep," I whisper, ignoring the fact that it was his job to watch me.

I sit in silence for a couple minutes, watching people pass by. Couples acting lovey-dovey, friends having the time of their lives... And I was sitting here, alone, like a loser. How pathetic. I'm shaken out of my daze when the sound of a thud from the right of me rings through my ears. I turn my head to see the cause of the noise.

A guy. Holding a copy of Pride and Prejudice. I stifled a groan, turning back and acting as if I hadn't noticed him. I had gone out of my way to avoid the library these past couple of days, praying that I don't run into him again. And yet, here he was. I pull out my phone from my pocket and aimlessly scroll through social media, which my parents and the world have no idea about, of course.

Ten minutes had gone past, and Rhysand had not once acknowledged my existence. Being the only daughter in a family of 6, I had always gotten the most attention, and now that I was basically deprived of it, I was starting to get annoyed.

I clear my throat, crossing one leg over the other, patiently waiting. I blink, clearing my throat again, this time louder and more obnoxiously. No response. "Are you trying to tease me?" I say abruptly.

Rhysand's eyes linger on the page below him before he tears them away to look at me with a bored glance. "What?"

I narrow my eyes slightly before nudging my head towards the book. "Pride and Prejudice. You stole it from me, remember?"

His dark eyebrows furrow and I take the the time to check him ou- no, Talor. You are... Observing. Yeah, that's right, you're observing Rhysand.