Chapter II: Pride

Each territory agrees to a rare form of truce, in which any form of hostility or disagreement is suspended or dropped. Due to Calamity being such a distraction from local feuds, all territories within Hyrule have maintained a friendly relationship with one another.

However, Calamity is dead, so Princess Zelda is wise to have a sort of ceasefire signed. An agreement, on paper, must be sworn to. It probably isn't necessary, but Zelda isn't taking any risks, and the safety of her people is her top priority. Representatives of tribes present themselves, and another member of said tribe is witness to the signing.

The Goron Chief, Bludo, bursts into joyous exclamations of his alliance with the Hylian Princess. His witness, Daruk, promises to ensure safety and absolute tolerance between both tribes. While relatively quiet, the Rito acknowledge their part and sign the contract. Of course, the young Gerudo Chief, Riju, is happy to cooperate––Urbosa witnesses the young Chief sign.

Zelda was hoping the Zora Princess would bring her brother along as witness. Unfortunately, an elderly Zora has accompanied her, scowling the whole while as Mipha happily cooperates with Zelda's wishes. Then, afterwards, as is custom, each representative sits together and addresses any matters which need urgent attention.

As witness to Zelda, Link stands behind her obediently as she takes her seat with the others. Both Link and Mipha catch each other's eye, and quickly look away––not fast enough for Zelda not to notice though. She glances at Urbosa, who is usually observant, but at the moment she is too concerned with her Chief to realise.

'I propose to make further efforts,' Zelda announces, silencing the room. 'Relationship-wise, that is. Between all of our tribes. I think the alienation, to which we are all at fault, only causes further strife. And when the time comes again when we will all need to work together to defeat a common enemy, I feel strongly our alliances to have already been met. The stronger we are as one, the better. I suggest a way for this to work is if we all lived together under one monarch.'

'Hear, hear,' Bludo agrees, slamming his fist onto the table.

'And what of our traditions?' Riju challenges. She smiles up at Link. 'With all due respect,' looks back at Zelda, 'There are some matters we both feel differently about. I am not against making alliances, but I don't want my culture to be destroyed in the process.'

'Perhaps,' Urbosa gently adds, 'We need not all live together, but Princess Zelda has made a credible argument.'

'And open our doors, just like that?' The Rito representative has spoken, and Link isn't entirely sure if he recognises him. 'Surely, that is what shall create difficulties in the first place. I think your perspective, Your Highness, is naïve. Something needs to be done, but in a more efficient manner. Not just assume everybody is your friend.'

'Thank you for that,' Zelda replies sternly. She hates being patronised, especially after all she has gone through. While she may look eighteen, she is far older mentally. She exhales harshly. At least the Gorons are on her side. She glances at Mipha, 'Well? What do the Zora think?'

She doesn't mean to sound so snappy, but apparently Mipha hasn't noticed her tone.

To her dismay, Mipha doesn't immediately answer. The fact she is hesitating just proves to Zelda she won't completely agree either.

'History demonstrates the necessity for us all to get along, of course. Hyrule has been saved many times due to the building alliances with each tribe. And, yes, the ideal would be that we maintain this. If we all come into one nation, though, where does leadership lie? Further to this, assuming only a specific tribe be made leader, what does that mean for everybody else? I think what you said is wise, but young. I am happy to cooperate, however.'