Chapter III: Red

From afar, Prince Sidon watches Link depart from Zora's Domain, passing Lady Mipha's next guest. Sidon has met him before, but this was over fifty years ago. The guest is also of Zora Royalty, belonging to a Kingdom not too far from Hyrule.

Sidon laughs quietly to himself at the puzzled expression Link throws at the foreign Zora, before leaving.

This was to be expected. Potential suitors from various locations across the globe, travelling all this way to impress his older sister. To be honest, Mipha has developed a reputation of her own, especially after Calamity Ganon, so Sidon isn't surprised with the attention she receives from the opposite sex.

This isn't the first Zora Prince generously showering her with tedious charms either.

Sidon is trying to remember the Zora's name as he enters the Domain, two Royal Guards standing either side of him as he is escorted to the throne room. Then he remembers! Atas is his name, and Sidon also remembers how infuriatingly polite the Zora is as well. Well educated, a relatively decent swordsman, but Atas is also perhaps one of the most superior swimmers of the Zora.

Although Sidon is willing to challenge him on that.

The meeting between he and Mipha doesn't last long; a little over ten minutes. Wisely, Sidon decides to not intrude, but as soon as Atas makes his leave, Sidon jumps to his feet and hurries to his sister.

Mipha is impressive in that she hasn't at all betrayed her calm, kind reverie. However, when Sidon arrives, she appears anxious to get out of the Domain, if only for a short while.

'That didn't last long!' Sidon proclaims, grinning ear-to-ear.

'His request was quite to the point,' Mipha replies.

'Oh?'

'I said I'd think on it.'

'What request?'

Mipha looks at him. 'Guess.'

'Well, I know it's none of my business, but he doesn't seem your type.' Sidon chuckles. 'I mean, the fact he's a Zora doesn't help.'

'What does that mean?'

Rarely does Mipha snap, but Sidon has obviously jabbed at something sore. It's very hard for him not to laugh at her reaction, though. 'I was kidding, I promise; no implications were being made.'

'Sure.'

Taking a seat, Sidon sighs heavily, still struggling to remove his amused expression.

'Despite the fact he has Princess Zelda to look out for, Link has been spending a considerable amount of time here. Almost as if, any excuse––and he's here! One would wonder what compels him.'

Mipha folds her arms, eyeing her brother. It seemed only yesterday when he was a sweet, darling of a boy, and now he's, well, just incredibly annoying.

Besides it is rich of Sidon to be teasing her about love, considering half the Zora population are chasing after him. And he loves every second of the attention.

'You can handle business this evening. I will absent myself.'

'Wait, what?' Sidon panics, 'I have a prior engagement.'

'How tragic. I have a feeling she will forgive you.'

'Are you doing this to me because of what I said? Because I take it all back. If you'll let me have the night off, that is.'

'I'll think on it,' she smiles pleasantly, and makes her way to the exit of Zora's Domain.

Sidon's expression drops. Great. The last thing he wanted to do today was be involved in boring, slow meetings with old Zora who do nothing but grumble and whinge about how things used to be once upon a time.