Francinne

Hot was the day. It's the middle of summer after all. Gabb was enjoying the afternoon at the beach. She loved the waters. She was born and raised in that town near the sea. She liked the peacefulness that came with living there. She had only visited the city once, when she was a child, and she didn't really want to go there again. It was too busy and noisy for her. Her heart was in her town.

Gabb was alone on that beach, like the way she had been for the past... two years. She had her family and friends, yes, but there was an empty space in her heart. She missed her.

She dipped into the water and felt its coldness. It was refreshing. Slowly, she glided deeper into the sea and swam her loneliness away. She also loved swimming. She could forget all her worries and be in her own world.

After a while, Gabb went back to the shallower part of the sea. She faced the horizon to feel the cold air. She closed her eyes and relished the moment. It only lasted for a while though, as there was suddenly a wave of water hitting her back.

splash!

She immediately opened her eyes and turned her back to see what on earth that was. And there, she saw the face she had been longing to see.

"...Rans?" Gabb called, surprised and confused at the same time. Was this real? Was that really her?

"Hi! It's me," Rans greeted. "Why do you look so shocked?" She giggled. Gabb loved seeing that gummy smile.

sa gitna ng asul na dagat

Gabb couldn't believe it. At that same beach where the two of them met for the very first time when they were young, Rans was standing in front of her again. She was there after going to the city to pursue her dreams. Rans was there, after two years of not seeing each other.

The beautiful colors of the slowly setting sun reflected on Rans' eyes. Gabb was in awe. Were Rans' eyes always this lovely?

splash!

Gabb leapt to hug Rans excitedly.

ako ay tumalon

"Rans!" Gabb exclaimed.

Again, Rans giggled. Gabb loved hearing that.

"Happy? It's just me, y'know," Rans said as she reciprocated the embrace, albeit not as tight.

Oh. Was Gabb too excited?

"Ah, sorry." Gabb loosened her hold and slowly stepped back. "I'm just glad to see you again."

Right. Gabb was really glad to see Rans again. She missed her so much. Even if it's only for two years, life without Rans was too lonely for her. When she heard that Rans was going to the city, she wanted to tell her to stay.

But she didn't.

As much as she didn't want Rans to go, she must support her. It was all for her dreams. Rans wanted to become a famous actress. To achieve that, she needed to have proper classes and workshops. And that little town of theirs don't have that. The experience she was getting there by singing and dancing in front of a not-so-big crowd wasn't enough. She needed to be exposed in a bigger, more complex world.

And Gabb would support her all the way, even if it meant not being with her.

After all, Rans was her best friend.

They were the best of friends. They'd known each other since they were little. They met at that same sea and from there, they only grew closer and closer to each other.