𝟬𝟬𝟭 agatha's a bitch

ONE

AGATHA'S A BITCH

AGATHA'S A BITCH

(episode one. pilot)

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"DANI, COME HELP ME for a second!" Topper shouts from downstairs as Dani was walking across the landing. Her brother was prepping for the storm that was about to come, taking in the precious lawn furniture that their Dad spent thousands on.

She sighed. "Okay, wait a minute." Dani replied to a message that John B had sent her a few minutes before Topper had called her. He invited her to surf the surge because it's a 'double overhead'. She rolled her eyes at the message. Did he have a death wish?

Dani rejects her friends offer with an 'are you crazy?' at the end of her text before putting her phone in her back pocket and going downstairs to help her brother.

"Took you long enough, Dad's going crazy at the thought of this chair being outside any longer," Topper commented with a roll of his eyes. "It's like his life would end if this got damaged."

"I'll sell your car if that seat gets damaged!" Their Dad crowed from the kitchen which earns a snicker from Dani. Topper doesn't seem to find that funny as he just gestures for Dani to take the other end of the chair and lift it.

The two teenagers bend down and heave the chair off the ground, stumbling as it was so heavy. "Where do you want this?" Dani questions as she strains against the weight of it.

"Garage!"

The siblings slowly but surely make their way to the garage that was located on the right-hand side of their house. It took them a while but they managed and set the chair down with each of them breathing a sigh of relief.

"Is that everything?"

"Pretty much," Topper replies, kicking at a garden table that their Dad had probably already put there before the two of them went into the garage. "Dad probably cares more about these pieces of shit than us."

Dani nods. "He'd probably risk his life for these sacred things."

"If a murderer came and gave him the choice of us or the lawn furniture, he'd pick the lawn furniture." Topper jokes which they both laugh at. Thankfully, their Dad didn't hear the joke that Topper had just made or there would have been another insult thrown at Dani's older brother.

The two walked side by side to the kitchen where their Dad was leaning against the island counter, watching the flat-screen TV that was in the top right corner of the large kitchen. He was watching the news.

"Hurricane Agatha continues its steady march towards Kildare Island on the Outer Banks of North Carolina this evening." The news reporter reads out as the TV shows a picture of the hurricane covering the island entirely.