Losing all hope

Nobody's POV

Miss. Z was called by Dr. Jacobson. He told her that a young boy insisted on visiting Barbie.
Miss. Z was about to open the door when she heard a sound of crying.
." I was such an idiot. I'm a terrible friend to you, Barbie. But I'm still hopeful that you forgive me because you have a heart of gold....," he couldn't continue and sobbed on the blanket.

." Barbie, you can't leave us like this because....," he sobbed again.
." Because I..... I'm in love with you," he said crying.

Miss. Z heard it all and felt terrible.
She closed the door.
She tried her best not to cry.

." He wasn't a stranger. Was he?" Dr. Jacobson asked cautiously.

." No, he's just a great friend of her and he loves her so much," she sighed

Four days later
Renee's POV

Four days had passed from the incident. The mission was over but nothing was normal anymore. Everyone changed.
Patricia wasn't her old mischievous self.
Aunt Zoe wasn't as cheerful as before.
Ken chose to be isolated. He was always in thoughts probably thinking of Barbie.
Mrs. Roberts blamed herself for the incident.

Skipper wasn't as active as she was about her blog anymore.
Stacie wasn't in mood for any adventures anymore.

And poor Chelsea, she kept on seeing nightmares of Barbie dying in front of her because of witnessing it. Poor child was only six.
We all woke up by Chelsea's crying in midnight or her screams from the nightmare.

To cut the long story short, life was hell without her.
Today was another desperate day. Until there was a phone call.

." Hello?" Mrs. Roberts asked.
Then her eyes were widened in shock.
." What happened to her?" she asked as she began to shake.

." We'll be right there," she managed to say.
." Who was it?" Mr. Roberts asked.
." It was from hospital," she said sadly.
." How is she?" I asked shocked.
." She.... C-caught scarlet fever over the night," she said and broke out crying.
." Her chance of survival is really slim," she cried.

We were all shocked. How did that one happen?
We all headed to the hospital having no hope.
Then after talking to the doctor we visited Barbie.
I didn't recognize her at all. She was too pale and her body was too hot from the fever. She was just too weak to fight the disease.

Barbie's POV

It hurts a lot when you hear and understand everything but you can't help.
I could hear everyone begging me to wake up. But wake up from what? I didn't even know where the hell I was.
." Why do you keep on fighting like this, Barbie?" a voice said. I turned around to see someone just like me standing in front of me.

." What do you mean?" I asked.
." You want to return to the world. Don't ya?" she asked.

I looked at her confused.
." What do you mean?" I asked fearfully.
." God, what is the last thing you remember?" she asked.

I tried to remember.
." Umm, I was on this mission to apprehend my step uncle....," I said but then I was frozen as I remembered.
." He forced me into drinking poison," I said.
." Am I dead?" I asked.

." Technically, yes, you're kinda dead but not completely. You keep on hearing some voices from your family and friends," she explained.

." But how's that possible?" I freaked out.
." It is possible. It's called coma. When a person dies, his or her soul will get out of his or her body. But when someone's in coma, it's a different story. Your soal isn't completely out of your body. To understand this better I must say there's still a connection between your soal and body. If the connection breaks, you'll die," she explained.

I managed to understand what she said.
." So if I'm not dead, is it possible for me to return?" I asked.
." Since you still have time, yes. But that's my question, why do you want to get back?" she asked.

." I.....Uh....Because my sisters and my friends need me," I replied
." Weren't your sisters the one who accused you for not caring about them?" she reminded.
I bit my lip. That was kinda true. My sisters were a bit harsh on me.
." Oh and wasn't your 'so called best friend ' the one who accused you for being a liar?" she pointed out.

This one broke me.
I looked down.

." I know you want to help. But even if you get back you still need to deal with Dunbar who wants to break you, torture you and destroy you. Are you sure you're ready for that one?" she asked.

I shook my head. Dealing with him again was the last thing I ever wanted to do.

." Your friends and family will understand if you can't make it. You've been through a lot. So it's okay if you don't want to get back," she said putting her hand on my shoulder.

." I....I think you're right," I said.
." Of course I am right. I'm a part of you. I know how you feel," she said.

." Barbie, wish you could come back. Mommy and daddy said you might remain like this because you need rest. I completely understand, sis. But when you woke up, I promise I'll tell you more about Dreamtopia. Everything was made of chocolate and sweets. Remember?" it was Chelsea.

Her sweet voice was filled with sadness.
Tears streamed down my face.

." No, I'm not leaving my sisters. They need me," I snapped.

." What?!" she freaked out.
." I might be broken now. But I do everything for the ones I love. Even if I have to go through more pain, I'll do it. Because what a person will I be if I just give up and leave," I said determined.

Right then my vision got black.
All I could hear was the sound of buzzing.
The light was bothering my eyes and my whole body was in pain. I felt weak and too hot. I hardly could even move a muscle.

I groaned in pain.
I slowly managed to open my eyes.
Everyone seemed to be sad and down. Probably they thought I was dead.

." Wow, what did I miss?" I said. They turned around and I managed a weak smile.

." Barbie, you're awake," mom exclaimed and pulled me in a tight hug.

." Mom?! You're alive?!" I said shocked.
My parents were all fine.

." Don't do that to us again. It was not funny. Do you hear me, Roberts?" Patricia yelled.

I chuckled." I promise I won't do it again."
But then suddenly I yelped in pain.
." You okay, honey?" dad asked worriedly.
." It's nothing," I struggled.
Aunt Zoe came forward and checking on me.

." Yeah, these wounds, scars and bruises are nothing. Barbie, for goodness sake, don't lie like that," Aunt Zoe said annoyed.

." Okay, maybe, he really didn't like me to yell at him to go to hell," I said as I chuckled nervously.

My mom looked so shocked.
." I knew it wasn't a good idea to agree with your plan," Aunt Zoe mumbled.
The doctor was also shocked by the fact that I was awake.

He said that I had to stay there for two weeks to heal completely. I really didn't like the idea of remaining in bed all time but it had some good points, too.
For example I could relax and not worry about anything.
It feels really good to just relax and live in the moment!

A/N: Hey guys, so Barbie woke up and you might think that this is the end but trust me it's not. And one more thing I won't be able to update until Wednesday this week because I've got lots of homework and stuff to do. And the next chapter will luckily be the last chapter.
Bug out!