18 : 𝖨 𝖧𝖺𝗍𝖾 𝖸𝗈𝗎

「💔」

"Hey." A cop prodded his stick to a sleeping Soobin.

Soobin jolted awake. He was sitting, leaning on the graffiti-covered walls of the prison cell. His cell mates were asleep too but they were on their sleeping beds. Soobin refused to mingle. For months, he's acted distant and quiet. He didn't even know if he was enraged or depressed. He felt nothing and he was starting to get used to his prison life. He looked up at the intimidating policeman, eyes deep and surrounded with dark circles.

"Today's your lucky day, kid." The cop tch-ed and unlocked the cell, pulling him out.

"What?"

"Someone bailed you out. God's on your side, fucker."

Soobin was pushed outside and into the waiting area where a girl sat, fiddling with the handle of her luggage. His eyes widened. The cop called the girl's attention and as soon as she turned, her eyes met his. She abandoned her luggage and ran to the guy, throwing herself into him.

"Soobin!"

"Y/N.."

"I'm so sorry.." She broke down and tightened her arms around his neck. "I really am.. I shouldn't have listened to Greg.. I'm sorry!"

He found his hands sticking to his side, refusing to touch her. He felt no excitement nor relief- to his surprise.

"I don't understand."

"I stopped the case." Y/N let go and wiped her tears. "I came back here and used the rest of my money to bail you out. Greg forced me to sign documents but I didn't."

"Huh?"

"I.." She bit her lip. "I realized the things you've done for me.. I really want to show you how sorry and sincere I am so I did this.. You deserve your freedom.."

"Your manager-"

"I quit my career. I tore the contract. I'm no longer a star."

Soobin fell silent once again. Looking at each other, they noticed their changes. Y/N offered to give him a ride back home. Soobin just agreed. They were silent. Inside the cab, Y/N tried to engage into a conversation but Soobin would recoil. She tried to understand that he may have held a grudge against her for breaking his trust.

"We're here.." She smiled as they stepped out.