Fifty-Six

a/n: fourth chappie of the megafabulous finale update. 

Fifty-Six

—————

Davidson placed the borrowed phone back on the table, the screen facing the flat surface of the conference room table.

He angled his head as best he could due to his injuries, nodding at Kimmel.

"It's done."

Quinn glanced at the gun Vahid had left behind on her seat, untouched during the past nineteen minutes. Her heart thrummed, head whirring with thoughts, plans and worries.

This had to work.

"You are aware of what you're risking, Analyst O'Reilly?"

Quinn swallowed, hard.

"I am."

"And you .... accept these risks?"

"I have to."

"Well, then." Kimmel nodded at Quinn, a sign of respect, "If that is what you wish."

It wasn't what Quinn wished — not at all. It was so far from what she actually wanted that she felt terrified at the prospect of it. But she had to do it.

Had to finish it.

For Kat. For Willa. For me.

Seeing as Quinn hadn't said anything else, Kimmel glanced at her clock. Their twenty minutes were up. Moments later, faces appeared beyond the glass doors leading to the conference room.

"Mr. Davidson — " Kimmel started, " — it would be in your best interest to relay your story word by word to the Committee, excluding the final details shared between the three of us. Agreed?"

"Agreed." Davidson repeated, eyes rising, "Everything but the last few details."

Gavin was among the first to step inside, eyes zeroing in on Quinn. He crossed over to her with quick steps, eyes jumping across her face, though he stayed silent.

"I'm fine," Quinn said quietly, gesturing for him to sit down. A strange look crossed his face as he turned around, watching Davidson, before his eyes slid to the Director.

Finally, after aiming a long look Kimmel's way, he sat back down.

"Are you ok?" Quinn frowned, skimming one hand along his arm. His eyes snapped to hers, that soft look edging into his eyes again.

"Yeah. Sure."

Gavin cleared his throat, placed a reassuring hand on hers for a brief moment before he withdrew it.

Kimmel cleared her throat, speaking up.

"I believe Mr. Davidson has something to tell all of us. You may begin."

She tilted her head his way. She hadn't addressed him as a Special Agent two times now, and the intentional snub spoke volumes about how her opinions had shifted after hearing his story.

Davidson noted it, too, though wisely didn't comment. Instead, he started speaking.

*

"I didn't know Davidson was in debt," Imani said, one of the first to speak after the meeting.

Their entire ragtag group — Eylem, Gavin, Imani, Quinn and Adina — had piled into a cab and ended up at Adina's stylish flat, where she happily supplied them with a lowball glass of whiskey each.