Chapter 1: Midnight Walk

Catra walked through the whispering woods at midnight. She couldn't sleep so she snuck out of the castle. During her walk, she felt like something or someone was following her. She turned around constantly only to see trees. Then she heard a noise. She couldn't identify it but it sounded fast, raspy & evil. She turned around again only to see nothing. At this point, Catra was irritated & decided to speak up.

"Alright, whoever is following me show yourself!" She yelled preparing for a fight. What she heard made her freeze.

"Catra it's just me." She looked around.

"Adora? Where are you?" She continued to look around desperately trying to find her.

"Keep walking straight & you'll find me." Then she giggled. Catra was scared from that giggle. That doesn't sound like her. Catra thought to herself as she walked forward. She moved a tree branch that was in the way & her eyes widened. She saw a stone pathway with red flowers surrounding it. She followed the path & stopped when she saw a huge stone wall.

"A-Adora? Are you in there?"

"Yes go to the left & pull the lever in the bush." Catra followed her instructions & when done so the door opened.

"Woah." She walked inside & saw the walls covered in red paint with black streaks on it. Then the door suddenly closed. Catra turned around panicking on how she was going to be out. 

"Who's twisted game is this?" There it is again, the noise. She felt the presence of a creature right behind her. The creature put their hands on her cheeks & she passed out.

-----------

Adora woke up & patted the bed only to feel emptiness. She sprung out of the bed & frantically turned her head in search of Catra.

"Catra?" After getting no response she ran towards Glimmer & Bow's room. She bursted through the startling Glimmer & Bow. Bow screamed like a 5 year old on a rollercoaster & Glimmer fell of the bed.

"Don't you knock?!" Glimmer said climbing back on the bed.

"S-sorry but Catra's missing." Bow & Glimmer's eyes widened as they jumped off the bed & ran towards her.

"What do you mean she's missing?" Glimmer said looking at Adora.

"I mean I can't find her!"

"Wasn't she in the bed with you last night?" Bow asked placing a hand on her shoulder attempting to calm her down.

"She was & than I woke up & then... then she was gone." Adora said pitting her hands to her face sniffling .

"Don't worry Adora, we'll find her." Bow said determined. Adora hugged Bow & Glimmer & thought of how grateful she was to have friends like them.

"Thanks guys." Adora said sniffling one last time. Glimmer teleported to their room & started looking for clues about Catra's descent. While Bow was looking around he saw Catra walking in from the window.

"Hey guys! She on her way here!" They both turned their heads to face him.

"Really!?" Adora asked relieved that Catra's ok. Bow nodded in response & Glimmer sighed.

"At least we know she's safe." Adora then ran out the room quickly followed by Bow & Glimmer. 

"Catra!" Adora called out earning Catra's attention. Adora pulled Catra into a Scorpia sized hug. 

"Hey, I'm fine can you put me down." Adora realized what she was doing & quickly apologized.

"Where were you last night?" Adora asked deeply concerned. 

"I couldn't sleep so I took a walk." Catra answers shrugging.

"Why did it take so long?" Adora asked waiting for answers.

"I-" Catra stopped talking realizing that she didn't remember anything from the walk. It was all a blur in her head.

"I don't... remember." She finished shocked at her own answer. Adora was shocked at her response but continued to ask questions. 

"How could not remeber!? Are you hurt? Did you hit your head? Did yo-" 

"STOP!" Catra yelled clearly annoyed at her response though deep down she did not mean to yell. Adora expression changed as soon as she was cut off. Tears formed in her eyes but quickly wiped them away.

"Ok." Glimmer got angry at what Catra did & stepped up. 

"Don't talk to Adora like that!" Catra growled but soon stopped when her head started to ache. She stumbled back & fell to the ground. 

"Catra?" Adora's voice was muffled through the sound of an ear piercing scream traveling throughout her head. Catra slowly got up & used the wall as support as she stumbled past the 3 of them. Catra quickly exited the castle holding her head in pain. Adora looked at where Catra was standing & angry quickly filled her up.

"Glimmer what did you do?" Adora asked turned to face one of her best friends. Glimmer was shocked at the sudden question but answered.

"I didn't do anything!" The two stared each other down until Bow got in between of them.

"Heeeey why don't we all just calm down an-"

"Calm down!? Ha! Yeah I'm sure as hell calm right now." Adora said balling up her fist. Bow eyes widened at the sound of Adora cursing. She never cursed unless she was stressed. Bow thought to himself as he went to comfort her.

"Adora we'll figure it out. Let's go follow her & see if she's ok?" Bow said rubbing his hand up against hers causing Glimmer to get angry at the touch. Once Adora called down she smiles at Bow.

"Yeah that's a good idea. Glimmer?" Adora asked looking towards her jealous friend. Glimmer forced a smile & grabbed onto their hands & teleported them.