𝚘𝚗𝚎

FEBRUARY 5th, 2833

Colette is twenty-one years old when she tries to overthrow her local government. Or, at least, she's basically twenty-one, as time works a little bit differently on Mars.

And, she hasn't technically tried to overthrow anything yet, but the inklings are there in her mind.

Those inklings are as strong as ever when she wakes up begrudgingly to the artificial sunlight (provided by the dome that surrounds all that live in Kepler City), headache pounding, and joints aching. The night before was rough; she had tried to break into a relatively high-profile party with her twin brother, Daniel, but they were quite literally thrown out. Luckily, they got away before anyone could identify them.

Colette and Daniel Moon are criminals. (It's a bit too harsh of a word in Colette's opinion, but an accurate one.) That specific profession is seemingly rare in Kepler City, as the crime rate in the urban utopia is nonexistent. But, Colette likes to think of her skills as a thief and con artist as for the greater good. She never goes after people who can't afford to have money stolen from them, and she always gives most of whatever she takes to those in lower economic classes. It's a classic Robin Hood scheme: steal from the rich, give to the poor, and remain completely anonymous in the process.

Loud chimes ring overhead as the city's clock signals 10 in the morning. Colette drags herself out of her bed and into the bathroom. She stares at her face in the mirror before splashing a handful of water on it in a desperate attempt to wake up.

The apartment is otherwise quiet, signaling to her that Daniel either already left for the day. His IT job usually calls him out early for appointments, so mornings when he's at the apartment when Colette wakes up, are few and far between. But, she doesn't mind the loneliness when it comes.

For Colette, there's comfort in the silence, and though she would trust Daniel with everything in her, she enjoys the solitude.

━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━

"Good morning, Kepler City!"

The studio lights are bright, almost too bright for Angel's tired eyes. She can only imagine Clodovea is more exhausted than her, as the other woman stayed at the party last night much later than she did. But, if she was tired in any way, she didn't look it at all. All of the grace and poise Cloe has typically is ever-present during this early morning interview, and Angel can't help but be slightly jealous.

The interviewer before them is one of the daytime television hosts, Austin Tamika. He's the host of the culture and media section of his broadcast, and he's never seen with natural hair colors. The bright lights, the bright windows, the bright, bright hair... all of it is overwhelming Angel, but all she can do is put on an equally bright smile and promote her work.

Cloe flips a bit of her long hair over her shoulder as her mouth forms a smirk. Austin continues. "It's 10 AM this lovely morning, and we have Angel Evans and Clodovea Moreno here to promote their newest movie that they recently co-starred in, The Shutdown Project!." Applause sounds from the audience, and the two women flash their winning smiles. "So, ladies." He gestures towards the actresses, and Clodovea is practically shining. She's in her element now, and in the spotlight is when she's the most confident. "Can you tell us a bit what it's about?"

"Of course, Austin," Cloe says, voice smooth and charming. "The Shutdown Project focuses on my character, Lydia Monroe, as she attempts to single-handedly take down a powerful and oppressive government. Angel, my lovely co-star, plays the private detective hired by said government to take me down."