𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

" WE CAN TOUCH UTOPIA, WE CAN REACH THERE, UTOPIA "

━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━

DECEMBER 30th, 2833

If someone were to ask Colette Moon what the hardest part of trying to expose the dark secrets behind the largest utopian city on Mars is, she would have to say: all of it.

But hard work pays off, and now she sits in her apartment's living room. Pulling on a few strands of her hair, she scans the screen of her computer and the display of her comms, almost simultaneously. Flashes of green appear on both and her heart pounds.

The air in the small room is thick with nervousness, and even Clodovea's leg bounces with anxiety, though she would never admit it. Hannah bites her lip while her eyes stay fixed on security video of Athena and Elijah on a street a couple of blocks away.

Colette's fingers are trembling, and it seems that any sudden sound or movement would cause her to collapse.

She feels Angel's hand on her shoulder, and looks up to meet the other girl's reassuring gaze. "It's gonna be okay," she says, voice low and gentle. "Dan and Gabriel know what they're doing."

"I know, I know, it's just..." Colette's voice trails. "This is our only chance. And we've been preparing for months. What happens-."

She's cut off, though, by shushing noises from Clodovea. "Shut up, Colette." She holds up an arm, presenting her flashing comms, but doesn't move from the chair she sits in. "It's Gabriel."

The beeping from Cloe's comms stops as she accepts the call from Gabriel. "Hey, how are things on your end?"

"Perfect." His voice is tinny and his picture is grainy over the comms, but he speaks with a confidence that puts them all at ease.

"The security?"

"Athena and Elijah took care of them."

"And the assistant?"

"Daniel has him under control."

"So that means-."

"It's up to you now... right."

Cloe looks up at Hannah, who nods. "I'll be waiting for Eli's signal," Hannah says. She points to the square on her computer screen where she can see Elijah and Athena huddling over a laptop. She's hacked into Kepler City's visual security system, which has eyes on every street and alleyway in the Martian city.

The footage plays and anticipation swells in everyone's chest. Then Elijah brings a pointer finger to his forehead before swiftly dropping it. "That was it," comes Hannah's small voice.

Eyes turn to Colette as she takes a shaking hand and types into her computer.

"Good luck," Cloe says to Gabriel. Her comms shut off.

Then, everything shuts off.

━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━

woohoo! a prologue! i really wanted to publish something, so here we go! the beginning of this story.

having other people involved through their characters is motivating me to really put my best work in and publish somewhat regularly.

that being said, i promise normal chapters will be a lot longer than this ahah.

but please tell me what you think!! i really am looking forward to this <3