Sam

The First KissPOV: _(Saving each other can sometimes come at a price)_

The First Kiss
POV: _(Saving each other can sometimes come at a price)_

Your parents were hunters. You can't remember anything else than the string of motels and the lonely nights spent wanting them to be home. You didn't think anyone in the whole damn world would get that but that's when you met them. Sam and Dean Winchester, the two brothers that saved your life in more ways than one. On a reckless hunt three months ago, a drinking rodeo and a mind filled with enough memories to make a shrink squirm in their seat, you got your ass saved. Wendigo nearly made you kebab meat when the boys showed up with a flare gun and hell of a lot of sass. Dean was playful and intelligent, a perfectly painted mask that only a few got to see behind. Then there's Sam, the big gentle giant that unhooked the shackles and carried you out the cave. He'd placed you on the ground, wrapping his jacket around your freezing body, telling you he'd be right back. Then he charged back in, as you listened to shouting and screams, the odd flash of light before finally a squeal sent straight from hell, shivering your bones. They left the cave with splatter of blood on their clothes and Dean even had some war paint on his face, he was smirking. Sam's eyes met yours with sympathy, you tried to stand but you'd spent four days in that cave with nothing but the burning whiskey you'd drank in your stomach. The fear of death shadow flickering on the walls of those cave, you were glad you mostly blacked out through it, but the smell- flesh, that would never leave your memory. 

You got sober and stuck with the boys ever since, you came in handy every now and then- with a cousin in Reno who was a priest, who had a supply of holy water for a life time. It took awhile but you opened up to them, mostly Sam- you didn't want to make Dean uncomfortable as he usual did when feelings came up. But he understood the pressure and sadness of being a hunter's kid and for that, he respected you. Sam was a little different, he pulled you out the spiral and back into the world that you knew and made it better. No longer was hunting just the family trade but something to make life worth while, killing evil son of bitches and saving people. Now you felt you made a difference, now you felt worth and that was something you thought you'd never feel. Now, you always keep fighting.

Your newest job with the boys was this dangerous artefact you'd com across. It belonged to a estranged family during the 1800s. An old diamond cursed by African magic, after people were slaughtered to get it, so now who ever wears it, they too must pay the price of the diamond. It was on auction, you and the boys needed to get it before another innocent family is slaughtered.

It was quite a stuffy gathering, so you had to wear your best get up, which consisted of a black dress and some heels. You felt uncomfortable as hell, worrying how you looked the whole time you got ready. Especially since this would be the first time the boys had seen you in something other than flannel and boots. You finally trusted yourself that you looked great, so you walked out the bathroom of the motel you were all hitched up in. Sam was seated, suited and booted on the bed, staring at the tv watching a kitchen utensil commercial, while Dean fixed his tie in the mirror. You walked out, with a deep breath.
"Well" You swallowed. They both looked at you, completely quiet. Your eyes flicked between them, panicking.
"You look incredible" Dean spoke walking over to wear Sam was. "Doesn't she?" He nudged him indiscreetly. Sam could barely get a word, he just nodded, looking at you both.
"Okay, well I'll grab my purse and..we can go" You raised your eyebrow confusedly. As you walked away Dean smacked the back of Sam's head.
"You idiot, that's the perfect moment to say something, especially since she was talking to you" Dean shook his head.
"She was talking to both of us" Sam cleared his throat, standing , fixing his shirt in his pants.
"No dimwad, you she likes you so she wants you to say something okay, it's important. Have you learned anything from me?"  Dean said, shaking his head.
"Dean you lie to women in bars to get their numbers" Sam scoffed.
"Yeah and they lie to me too but when it matters man, you act on it, now get your head out your ass and tell the girl she looks beautiful- because yeah sure it might seem obvious to us but to her it's a whole whirlwind spinning around, let her know and kiss her" Dean said nonchalant. Sam hushed him as you came through the door.
"You ready?" You asked them.
"Born ready baby, let's ride" Dean smiled walking out the door first, Sam smiled polite as you walk out next as he closed and locked the door behind himself.

You arrive at the place and its stuffed with cake eaters and toffs. Dean offered his arm as you got out the car and you've held it since, but he's clocked the bar.
"I'll be right back, gonna ask around" He winked patting and then lifting you hand gently off his arm. You watch him be swallowed by the crowd.
"Me too, gonna mingle with the crazies and see if I can find out where they've got they've diamond on display" Sam said to you, he too then escapes into the crowd in the opposite direction. A waiter welcomes you straight after almost giving you a fright.
"Hello there, champagne?" He offered.
"No thank you, is there a buffet however?" You wonder.
"Why yes ma'am there is, just out that door and around the corner past the rare Jewel exhibits" He nodded politely.
"Rare Jewel exhibit? Like where the diamond auction will be?" You quip in hope.
"Yes ma'am, if you need anything else let me know" Again he nods with an exaggerated smile. He struts off like a peacock and you head off in the directions he gave you.

On your turbulent path through the crowd you bump into Dean who's sipping a glass of champagne.
"Hey , you see anything?" He asked.
"Well, I found out about the auction and where it's being held" You smirk. He raised his eyebrows.
"Well pancake stack call me impressed because that's who I am, where is it?" He finished his champagne, sneaking his empty glass in a elder gentlemen's jacket pocket.
"Right next door to the buffet" You watch his eyes light up. "I don't know what your more excited about?"
"Food, always food"He answered, his eyes flickering up to find his brother. " Where's Sammy?"
"He went that way about five minutes ago" You worry he's in some trouble. "You go and find the Diamond, I'll get Sam" You suggest.
"Good idea, find me as soon as you do, no monkey business"

Once again you fight through the expensive suits and feather covered dresses to find Sam. There in the corner you see him tall beautiful figure. Though your stomach churned, some women in her fifties wasn't leaving him alone. He looked stressed, as if struggling to get away from her cougar claws. You felt horrible for him, if it was you and a man was drooling all over you it would be blatant harassment and one of the brothers probably would've kicked his ass for it. This was the same, you had to save him. Taking one of the rings you were wearing and placing it on your wedding finger, you tuck the rest of them in your purse you walk over with a fake confidence.
"There you are sweetheart" You said walking right up to were the women was standing, making her take a few steps back. "I found that watch you were talking about" You smile, looking up to him.
"You did, perfect" He placed along, taking you hand in his.
"And who's this?" The shameless cougar asks, champagne swirling in its glass, threatening to spill.
Sam looked at you hand and raises it. "My fiancé "
"Uh huh, this school girl" She draws her eyes across your clothes. "She might be fun in the playground but I teach the class" She fluttered her eyelashes.
You haven't a clue how to respond to it but Sam, cool and calm as always walked so he stood behind you, his arms wrapping around your waist.
"Oh I don't know, she's taught me a thing or two" He said, lowering his face and kisses your shoulder. Though art of you is internally freaking out, you retain the game.
"Oh I'm bored now" The lady leaves with a drunk waddle to the nearest group of ladies her age. Sam and you watch her go, before you realise it he's keeping his hands in place. His chin rests against your temple, as you feel butterflies grow.
"I should have told you earlier, your beautiful, always- I've always found you beautiful, I know we're on a case but it seems like the moment I'll get to tell you one on one" He says gently into your ear and you can feel it echo from his chest. You glance over and the cougar is still eyeing you both.
"She's still watching" You say. In a spirit of courage, you turn quickly and face him. "Can I ask a really crazy question?" He nods, you feel his fingers lock in your back, holding you comfortably. "Can I-kiss you" You feel your heart thunder in your chest. You watch as his eyes soften that puppy dog way, his head tilts and those puppy dog eyes look at your mouth.
"I might beat you to it" He pulls you even closer so that your barely a breath away, tilting your chin all the way up you feel his lips meet yours.

He kissed you. Everything fades in a magic blur. You really wonder why you hadn't been brave enough before and asked him to do this every day. All the opportunities all of them, been and gone and your frustrated with yourself because you could've felt this after feeling like melted jello for so long. He moves slightly so you feel your back on a wall, his hands leave your waist and travel up the sides and rest on your neck.

That's when the alarm went off and the whole place went into chaos. You and Sam look at each other.
"Dean"