Castiel

Higher Love - James Vincent McMorrow-Car Troubles-POV : You get into an accident

-Car Troubles-
POV : You get into an accident

Cas is waiting. Has been for an hour now waiting for you to show up and it's driving him insane. You asked him to stay put while you went to the store for a few things to make dinner together. Telling Castiel you could handle it and if there's a emergency, he can just fly his way to you. But Castiel seemed the emergency was now with you, as you hadn't showed up. Castiel had felt guilty, you'd had a serious conversation over the past few days about his need to protect you contantly. Castiel seemed to want to fix everything, sometimes it was sweet and other times it was over-whelming. You tried explaing to him that sometimes fixing everything doesn't actually make life better, just easy. That isnt really what life is about, being handed everything just makes you demand to have things handed to you, you become childishly unkind. It's really how many times you stop for gas to fill up the tank do you really appreaciate how many miles you've travelled. But yet again, metaphors flew over Castiels head. His innocence made him endearing, you couldn't help love it, but it was also extremely frustrating. He could heal your paper cuts and sure zapping to places could be fun, except your poor car you spent good money on sat gathering dust. Even then, explaing to Castiel that you enjoyed driving to places, he couldn't get, to him it was just slow, he called it a turtle.

Dean walked into the living room, seeing the angel with his chin in his hand.
"What's with the constipated facial expression, she not back yet?"
"No and it's annoying me profusely" He sighed, leaning back into his seat.
"Well, it is a bit weird how long she's taking, maybe she's bumped int someome she knows?" Dean suggested, opening the fridge and grabbing a soda can.
"Who? she's like us, friendless, her words not mine" Castiel stared up at the ceiling.
"Okay, well what if she's run a flat?" Dean asked, taking a seat across from him.
"She would've called" Castiel answered monotone.
"What if her phone died" Dean pointed at him.
"She fully charged it before she left" The angel sighed, looking at Dean.
"Okay well-"
"Dean, enough- I have a feeling and I'm worried" Castiel scrunched his eyebrows. "A feeling that something has happened"
"Cas, you live with us, you always have that feeling but you can't jump to conclusions" Dean raised his can to his lips.
"That's rich coming from you" Castiel loosened his tie. Then his phone started to ring. "My thing is vibrating"
"I don't want to know that Cas" Dean grimaced.
"No, my telephone" He fished it out of his pocket.

"Doesn't have a name" He answered it anyway. "Hello?"
Dean wached carefully.
"Yes, this is he" His eyes widened. "Yes, of course, thank you, im very close by anyway-I'll be there as soon as possible, thank you" Castiels face went pale.
"What? Dean asked with apanicked heart.
"I was right, I should've trusted by gut, there was an accident, I'll be back soon"
"Wait Cas, easy just-" But before Dean could convince him to calm himself down the angel disapeared. "Dammit Cas"

Castiel landed with a soft thump in the empty hallway of a hospital. It was quiet, because of the time and he was mostly surrounded by sleeping patients in their own rooms. He began to walk slowly gazing in out the rooms till finally he reached the main registration office. He walked right up and asked the head nurse.
"I'm looking for (y/n) she was in a small accident, I was called just a minute ago"
"Wow, that was fast, yes she's just taken through to a small room down the hall for stitches, she's fine" She assured Cas.
"Thank you" he nodded and headed down the hallway and once again found himself searching for you.

You sucked in a breath as the needle went in, you hated shots. However you'd prefer taking that then the stitched without the numbness. You saw the tan coat first and you avoided his gaze.
"Hello, you must be the wonderful boyfriend I've been hearing all about" the nurse smiled toward Cas gathering her tools to start the stitching.
"That is me, yes" His voice was distant and you could feel the gaze burning through you.
"Well take a seat and hold your girls hand, she's been through quite the ringer tonight" The nurse explained, still you avoided his eyes.
You weren't quite sure why, embarrassment perhaps. He was right, you managed to get yourself in trouble anywhere you went, even on a five minute trip to the store. You'd somehow accomplished, getting the side of your crappy car completely squashed and nearly your noodle as well. Though glad nothing worse had happened it still proved the angels point of your previous disagreements. You half expected him to take your hand and slyly heal your bruises but he walked over, clearing his throat.
"Alright now, I'm gonna begin" the nurse alerted you. The fear grew, so you turned your head quickly away and you looks straight at Cas.
"Just focus on me" He muttered quietly, taking your hand with the both of his. "You scared me" he let out a breath.
"Scared myself" You said with a slight laugh. You watched his eyes look at your scratched up face. "Don't" you ask out of embarrassment.
"Accidents happen- I'm just sorry that you had to face it alone" He said leaning his face toward yours.
"I'm sorry" you whispered
Castiel automatically shushes you.
"No, don't apologise- you were right, I can be overwhelming, I'm the one that's sorry" He explained. You watch each other for a few moments.
"And we're all done here, I'm gonna wrap this up and then you are ready to go home" The nurse explained.
"Thank God, I feel like I've been here forever" You sigh out.
"I feel like I've aged another millennium after that phone call" Castiel took one of his hands and rubbed his tired face.
"What was that?" The nurse asked.
"I'm tired" Castiel replies, casting you a wink afterwards.

When you finally get home, Sam and Dean are in bed. The only lights on are the living area. You were starving and so Castiel flew you to the nearest McDonald's and grabbed a 20 pack of chicken nuggets for you. You sat down and watched as Cas peeled off his trench coat, then seating himself across from you.
"Do me a favour" He said. You look at him in mid munch. "Next time you got to the store, take me with you- I couldn't handle another phone call like that"
You looked at him, he certainly did look scared. He put his hand through his hair, making it tug up with stress. You reach out for his arm, instantly causing a smile to reach his face. Sighing out, Cas outstretched his hand and rested it gently against your face. Leaning into it, you offered him a chicken nugget.
"Never again, will I leave you for long periods of time, my heart can't bare it" He took the chicken nugget but before hand, sat up a little and kisses your cheek. "Now eat so you can get some rest, the nurse said you need a lot so I suggest you start soon"
"Will you stay with me" You ask kissing his hand that rest on your face still.
"I'm not going anywhere" He let the backs of his hand stroke your cheek. "I'm going to become super annoying, very quickly and your just gonna have to accept it" He mused making you laugh. "So what did you tell the nurse about me?"