Prologue

Janus never enjoyed attending galas, especially in foreign kingdoms. The formalities were exhausting. He was the crown prince of Apollonia, and he was expected to behave like one. His mother didn't want him to associate with anyone of a lower status than them. Whenever he was forced to attend public events, he wore a fake smile and stood off to the side. Occasionally his mother would insist that he dance with some random noble, but that was the most he ever did.

Patton adored going to parties! He had the best times of his life at galas and balls. Patton was the youngest of Parthenia's two princes. His older brother, Roman, was also a fan of the glamorous parties their father would throw.

As children, the two of them would dress up in their very best and run around the ballroom simply having fun. Over the years they still dressed up, but instead of running they started showing interest in learning to dance. Patton loved to dance whether it was partnered or solo. He had no shame in inviting guests to dance with him.

That's how he ended up meeting the crown prince of Apollonia.

It was a tradition for the Parthenian nobility to host a ball to celebrate the new year. Janus and his mother were always invited, but never attended. But after Janus's mother tragically passed away from an unknown illness, it was up to him to make decisions. He decided to give the Parthenian ball a chance.

Patton had heard about the death of the Apollonian queen. He remembered the horrible grief he felt after his own father's death years ago. He felt the exact same grief for a woman he'd never even met. That was just in his nature. When Roman told him that the Apollonian crown prince was going to attend their New Years ball, Patton decided that he would seek him out to offer his condolences.

And maybe invite him to dance.

✧🐉♥     Word Count: 325     ♥🐉✧