Rivals

Author's Note:

Hey guys, this is the continuation of this novel: https://www.wattpad.com/story/126055366-but-god-forced-me-to-reincarnate, please read that book first before proceeding here! I hit the 200 chapters limit ><

-------------------------------------------

"Happy birthday and congrats, Freyja and... Freyr, my rival! Don't you think that your debut party marks the official start to our rivalry?"

The voice full of confident came from the blonde-haired figure standing in front of me and the twins right now. His blue eyes were shining brightly as usual, with the mole under his right eye standing out as always.

Next to him was an adult male with the same blonde hair as him and a gentle smile. On the other side, there was also an adult female with the same mole under her right eye and the same bright blue eyes, too.

Mmhm, Ein really took after Nicole the most. In terms of appearance and bearing, too. If only he didn't have Clyde's hair, one might not be able to tell if Clyde was his father? Haha!

"Rivalry... start?" Freyr tilted his head in response to Ein's inquiry.

"Yeah, that's right. I was Big Sis Lyra's little brother figure before she's got you to be her little brother. Let's see which one of us is the best little brother for her!" Ein enthusiastically responded.

"...," Freyr kept staring at Ein—it was apparent that he was thinking of something.

"Shall we shake hands now? As my happy birthday greeting and marking the start of our rivalry...," Ein was in the middle of extending his right hand to shake Freyr's hand when Freyr suddenly spoke.

"Why don't we both become Lyra-neechan's best little brothers? You're older than me, so you can be her little brother and my big brother. But Alt-niichan will always be the best big brother for me."

It was quite rare for Freyr to speak quite a lot in one go. This was one of the rare occasions. His speech was a bit faster than usual, indicating that his brain was also racing with his speech.

Ein seemed to be taken aback by Freyr's response as he withdrew the hand that he extended just now.

"That... We can't," Ein hesitantly spoke.

"...Why?" Freyr tilted his head again, his expression obviously showed his confusion. It seemed to me that he had been thinking for the best solution instead of competing, so he was surprised to get his brilliant idea (based on his understanding) rejected by Ein.

"Because... there can only be one!" Ein firmly said.

"...Really?" Freyr asked.

"Really," Ein nodded with a very convincing expression.

"...Then, you lose. I win. I'm Lyra-neechan's real little brother after all! I'm related to her!" Freyr quickly decided as he nodded in satisfaction.

"Wha--?! That's not how it works! Let's not consider that kind of cheat-relation and compete healthily!" Ein insisted.

I couldn't contain my laughter at these two little boys' interactions.

Before, I thought that Ein would soon accept Freyr's presence and wouldn't try to compete with him due to Ein being the older one.

I guess I was wrong.

"Big Sis Lyra, there is no age restriction in competition. Young businessman can even triumph against an older businessman. Therefore, I couldn't be too lenient and lose in an embarrassing way!"