Chapter 2

Harry POV

I was still in shock when the four new students started eating at their respective tables. Everyone avoided them. They were different and had this wild aura. 

The emo boy, Nico, was getting teased for his choice of clothing at the Slytherin table.

"Muggle freak!" Pansy snarled.

Goyle shouted. "Get out of our table, you moody weirdo!"

"Both of you, stop!" Malfoy chatised them.

Everyone looked at him in surprise.

Draco Malfoy is defending someone? Someone who used to live among muggles? This is too weird. I thought to myself.

Nico just sat there, pushing food around his plate.

"You didn't have to do that, Drake." He mumbled.

Malfoy just glared at the other Slytherins and moved to sit next to Nico.

Thalia huffed and whispered something to Hermione and Neville. They nodded and the three of them grabbed their plates and left for the Slytherin table.

"Neville? Hermione? Where are you guys going?" I asked.

Luna, Annabeth, and Percy joined them and sat beside Nico.

"Okay." Thalia began. "If I see any of you picking on my little cousin, then I swear to go...I mean, I swear to Merlin that my fist is going to be the last thing you see."

She banged her fist on the table menacingly.

The Slytherins backed off.

"My my, she's a feisty one." muttered George.

Fred nodded. "She's amazing."

Ron looked angry when Hermione went to the Slytherin table. He picked up his things and followed them.

"Come on, mate. We have a score to settle." He said through gritted teeth.

 I picked up my plate and followed him.

They were all laughing together. Percy was hugging Hermione as she blushed bright red.

"And that is why Mia hates blue granola bars." He finished.

Hermione blushed. "I told you not to share that story!"

Ron rushed up to them and slammed his food on the table.

Everyone looked at him startled.

"Where were you, Hermione?" He started screaming. "Do you have any idea how worried I was? Why did you ditch us before the last task? And who is this?" He pointed at Percy. "Is this the boyfriend you ditched us for????"

Everyone sat in stunned silence. I looked around and people had started looking at us weirdly. I felt my cheeks burn.

"Ron, let's go." I tried to tell him.

Hermione suddenly started laughing.

"Percy, my boyfriend? You two are very thick! First of all, he's not my type. And secondly..."

"Hey I'm everyone's type!" Percy protested.

The Nico guy snorted and Thalia stifled a laugh.

"Shut it, Death Breath and Pinecone Face." Percy pouted as Annabeth coughed to hide a laugh.

Death Breath? He MUST be a Death Eater! I thought.

Hermione continued. "Anyway, secondly, Percy is my brother. Get that into your head, Ron."

Ron suddenly turned as red as his hair.

"Frankly, I think Pegs has better taste in men." Malfoy added, smirking.

Hermione giggled. "That is an amaZhang comeback, Wibeak."

Hermione and Malfoy have NICKNAMES for each other? I thought. What is the world COMING TO???

Percy pointed his slice of pizza at Malfoy. "You, sir, are on thin ice."

"I-I never knew you had a b-brother." Ron suddenly stuttered.

It was Hermione's turn to be mad now. She turned away from Malfoy and Percy. "Oh really? I told you all about him in our first year. Maybe you guys weren't listening because I was a goody-two-shoes know-it-all!"

"But...but you never told us you were friends with bloody Malfoy." Ron tried to justify himself.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "I don't have to tell you everything, Ronald."

Ron just glared at Malfoy in response.

Malfoy grabbed Hermione's hand and glared back.

I interjected before Ron could explode. "Hermione! Why don't you introduce us to your new friends."

Hermione nodded. "Harry, Ronald, meet my brother Percy Jackson, his girlfriend Annabeth Chase, and our cousins Nico Di Angelo and Thalia."

"Jackson?" I frowned. "But your last name is Granger?"

"The Grangers were made my guardians temporarily because I live in the United States and I needed guardians in England to be permitted to go to Hogwarts." Hermione sighed.

"So this whole time, you lied to us?" Ron shouted and then turned to Luna and Neville. "Were you two in on this?" 

"We knew, but we couldn't tell anyone." Luna said as she ate a spoonful of pudding.

Neville nodded. "It was part of the agreement."

"WHAT AGREEMENT!" Ron was on the verge of a breakdown.

"Ron, hush! You'll get us in trouble!" I exclaimed.

"Right you are, Potter." An all too familiar voice answered.

Snape walked up towards us. "Ten points from Gryffindor for your behavior, Mr. Weasley. Both of you, go back to your table and leave the exchange students alone."

Ron groaned and tried to drag Hermione away. 

"C'mon, Mione. Let's go." He growled.

Hermione shook off his grasp.

"I'm not going anywhere, Ronald. I am perfectly content here, thank you very much." She frowned.

Ron looked madder than I have ever seen him. 

"If that's what you want, then Harry and I will leave." He spoke through gritted teeth.

She scoffed "Fine!"

"Fine!"

I dragged Ron away.

I didn't know what was happening. I didn't know who the exchange students were. I didn't know what to do.

But I did know one thing.

Hermione Granger was no more.