T W E N T Y

So, I'm not satisfied with this chapter for some reason, and I kept deleting and rewriting it, but this version is the best I got to and I wondered I should post it before deleting it all again...

Also, just a disclaimer, I know many of you are horny assholes and like smut, and this chapter will introduce some kinks one or both of them may have... I'm not sure how obvious it will be yet, but yeah, thought I should mention that.

If any of you still haven't seen the foreword of this book, you should check it out and look at the warnings, because self-harm and more will be more present now in the next chapters.

☆☆☆

Betty and Jughead spent the whole next week by sneaking out at nights, hanging out every free moment, and making out.

It wasn't anything new to FP that Jughead didn't spend his nights at home, and when he did, he was a night hawk, constantly making fresh black coffee and reading (also writing, but that was something his father didn't know about). Betty's parents, though, had no idea the girl could even get out of her room. She sneaked out of her window and down the ladder Jughead had left there, not really regretting her choices, considering the fact that her parents were literally screaming their heads off every, single, night.

On Friday, the Coopers went away for another work conference, this time to New York City, meaning they would be out of town until Monday. For Betty, that meant three whole days of peace and silence. And perhaps, a certain beanie-wearing boy.

The first night the girl spent downstairs, binging a new show on Netflix while lying on the couch in her pajamas—something she wasn't allowed to do very often. With the homeless ginger cat she liked to feed (without her mother's knowledge) snuggled on her lap, she felt calmer than ever.

The next morning, Betty slept in, skipping her daily morning run, and allowing herself to relax. With the rain pouring outside and the thunder audible for anyone willing to listen, she simply snuggled in her bed with the stray cat, Caramel, waiting till 11 am before actually standing up and hurrying to the bathroom.

She and Jughead had made plans to meet up at noon, but now, she probably couldn't even set her foot out the door before getting soaked, so she wasn't too confident about that anymore. And as it turned out, she didn't have to be.

The doorbell rang at half-past eleven, and while frowning, the girl carefully opened it, only to be faced with Jughead in his gym clothes, Hotdog next to him. "Jug?" Betty asked, ushering the two of them in. "What are you doing here?"

The boy's wet hands cupped her face, planting his lips firmly on hers. Neither spoke until a minute later when Betty's forehead was rested against his, a smile lingering on her lips, both of their eyes still shut.

"Morning," she whispered.

The guy smiled and leaned in once more, giving her the gentlest kiss, and with their lips still brushing, whispered, "Hi."

"Hi," Betty giggled right before placing her hands on his chest. "You're wet," she casually informed him, the boy's smile only growing at that.

"Can we hang out here today?"

With a slight nod, the blonde hurried to the bathroom and grabbed two clean towels, throwing one at Jughead before squatting down in front of the dog. "Hey, bud," she said, unfolding it. "What are you doing here, huh?"

"Sorry, Betts, I had to bring him along. He doesn't like the thunder. Hope you don't mind."

"It's fine," she assured him and after wrapping the towel around Hotdog, tried to ruffle his fur a bit to dry it down, followed by his paws. "You want some dry clothes?"