Prologue: Painter's Will

(Your POV)

Location: Home
Time: Morning

"(Y/N)..."

"(Y/N)...."

"(Y/N)!"

I then felt someone jumping onto my stomach and my eyes widened in pain to see the source of the pain was none other than Kotori Itsuka, some girl I adopted as my little sister after her older brother disappeared for seemingly no reason. Of course, I wouldn't have taken her in if I had known she would be this bad!

"What the hell is wrong with you!" I screamed in pain while Kotori finally realized I was awake and smiled innocently, keep in mind she was still standing on my stomach. "Don't play that innocent act with me Missy! I will get Scuba Doo on you!"

"Scuba Doo?" Kotori pointed to a fish tank next to my bed to point out my familiar octopus, Scuba Doo, swimming in its cage before noticing me and waving. "He's small, what's he gonna do?"

"Scuba Doo, use ink attack on Kotori!" I pointed at my adoptive sister, causing Scuba to look at me like I'm a crazy person, which to be honest, I kind of am

"Scuba Doo, use ink attack on Kotori!" I pointed at my adoptive sister, causing Scuba to look at me like I'm a crazy person, which to be honest, I kind of am. "Well that failed spectacularly."

"Hurry up and ready for school, I'm hungry." Kotori whined, making me roll my eyes and walk over to my closet, revealing I was wearing a white t-shirt with black ink stains on it with black plaid pants. "Don't change in front of me, pervert!"

"Then don't rush me!" I shouted in retaliation while Kotori left my room and slammed the door shut.

Sorry about the late introduction, name is (Y/N) (L/N), I'm a painter both in trade in heart. My room is littered with paintings of all kinds, but I've always preferred to make black ink paintings in my spare time. My only family is Kotori, and like I said earlier, I adopted her when I found her crying one day. Apparently her brother, Shido, disappeared into oblivion, so I pitied her and took her under my wing.

Admittedly, taking in a girl only 3 years younger than myself wasn't the smartest move, but I have a stable job at least. I paint around town for money, either selling my paintings, making works on art out of walls, or anything that involves art. Plus, it helps to be friends with some of the most talented people I've ever had the honor of meeting.

I quickly got dressed into my uniform before putting in my paint-covered jacket and making my way down the stairs. My uniform was nothing special, a white dress shirt, black pants, nice shoes, and my painter's jacket. I looked into the kitchen to see Kotori was already at the kitchen table, waiting for me to make breakfast.

"Is it really that hard for you to make your own breakfast?" I asked Kotori before walking to the kitchen and putting on an apron. "It's a life skill you know."

"Yeah but last time I tried cooking I nearly set the house on fire." Kotori reminds me, that was also the day I discovered she had something of an affinity with fire. "Plus, your food is way better, it's like you use magic or something."