Chapter 8: Two Rabbits

(Your POV)
I was making my way downtown, walking fast, faces pass.

No seriously, that's what I was doing.

Apparently that girl I met a couple days ago in the rain was the spirit known as <Hermit>, so on the bright side I already knew what she looked like. Still, now I need to find her, and she's currently hiding from the AST units that were in the area. Luckily for me, I was able to use the <The Circle Act 1> to make myself undetectable to the AST, so I was walking through the area trying to find that girl Yoshino and her rabbit Yoshinon. I was currently walking through the main part of the city, getting nervous if even one of the AST looked in my general direction. Surprisingly, they weren't able to detect me in the slightest, I guess this power was a bonus. Still, why did King give me this power in the first place? Did he know about all of this beforehand?

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a door quickly closing, I quickly looked around and saw that the door to an abandoned building was the source of the noise. I could also tell that some AST units were now looking at the area, so I quickly ran over to the building and hid before deactivating <The Circle Act 1>. I then used my stand on the door, then I dashed into the building and officially deactivated my stand to start looking around for the spirit. It was pretty dark in the building, so I pulled out Amaterasu and painted a small fire in the palm of my hand, allowing me to use my hand as a lantern.

"It's pretty dark in there (Y/N)." Kirumi started the obvious, but I'm not going to say anything since she's already got her hands full. "We won't be able to help that much."

As I walked around, I didn't see anyone, but I did run into quite a few mannequins. For some reason, Kaito also screamed in fear whenever I shone a light on a mannequin for some reason. To be honest, it got to the point where I had to take out my headpiece whenever I saw a mannequin. This went on for a couple minutes before hearing the sound of a nearby box falling, confusing me a bit.

"GYAH!" Kaito screamed into my earpiece, to be honest, I think I deserve actual pay for putting up with this. "What was that?! A ghost perhaps?!"

"Kaito, we're putting up with SPIRITS, it's a good thing if it's a ghost." Korekiyo reminded the astronaut, which did little to calm him down.

"You're one to talk!" Kaito shouted, which confused me because while Korekiyo did look like orochimaru, he was 100% alive. "When you died, you were also killed as a ghost! Also, how on earth did you recover from that?!"

"Wha-, is that was happened after I was boiled alive?" Korekiyo asked, I may not like the guy, but did he really deserve to be boiled? "Kaito, tell me, when everyone else died, did you see any of their ghosts?"

"Now that you mention it, I did find it odd that yours was the only one." Kirumi went on, while I walked towards the source of the noise and prepared my paintbrush in case it's a fight. 

I turned the corner and flashed some light onto the source of the noise, and I was immediately met with an orb of yellow light being aimed at me. My eyes adjusted to see that there was someone in front of me, and they appeared to be a robot of some kind. The clothes looked to be mechanical, and those lines going from the eyes to the bottom of the face. I was about to attacks but then everyone shouted in confusion and joy.