[ eight ]

The journey was quiet the next few hours. It was awkward yet comfortable. I don't know, somewhere along those lines.

Soobin became silent, probably thinking about his past since they kinda talked about it moments ago. Meanwhile Yeonjun is silent because he is too focused driving.

Well yeah, that's one reason. The other reason is he doesn't want to disturb Soobin.

It's might have been a while since he came out to random people. Being accepted so quickly could possibly overwhelm him in a way Yeonjun didn't know about.

Yeonjun is bi, by the way.

The only gay friends he ever had was Jung Wooyoung and Seo Changbin. Both of them have boyfriends, leaving Yeonjun feeling single and lonely everytime the five of them hang out.

The man who made him realize he's bi is this junior from high school named Kim Sunwoo.

They weren't exactly close friends, but do exchange hellos or fist bumps every once in a while.

Sunwoo had that boyfriend material vibe that all the girls and gays would fall for. Sadly he was straight, still single as a pringle though.

"Aren't you hungry, Yeonjun hyung?"

Yeonjun snapped out of his thoughts, glancing at the younger male. "Hyung?" He blurted. It was meant to be just a thought, but somehow it slipped.

"You're older, no?" Soobin tilted his head.

Yeonjun chuckled. "Yes, but you can drop the formalities. Just act as if we're close friends or what not."

"Okay," Soobin smiled cutely, his nose scrunched up and eyes disappeared behind his double lids. "Do you want to eat somewhere?"

"Sure," Yeonjun agreed. Straining his neck forward, he searched for a simple diner they could stop by.

He widened his eyes in interest when a big logo of Hobak's Diner came into view. "How bout there?" He pointed.

Soobin gasped, a hint of excitement I'm his voice as he practically squealed. "That's my favorite place to eat! Let's go, let's go!"

Yeonjun chuckled at the youngers adorableness. He turned the wheel, heading for the diner's parking lot.

"Damn this place brings me lots of memories," Soobin awed. Yeonjun stood next to him, hands in his pockets.

"What kind of memories?" He curiously asked.

"Many," Soobin giggled. He grabbed Yeonjun's arm, pulling the elder inside. Yeonjun just let the excited boranette drag him to one of the booths.

As they sat down, Soobin noticed that Yeonjun's hands were a tad bit odd.

"Why are your hands so cold?" Soobin asked.

Yeonjun shrugged, staring at their intertwined palms. "It always has been."

Soobin frowned. He reached out to grab Yeonjun's other hand. Cupping them together, he strained his neck forward, huffing into the small gap between the two hands.

Yeonjun felt a shiver run down his spine as Soobin's hot breath warmed his two palms. The younger then proceeded to rub his own two hands on the back of Yeonjun's palm.

"According to science, friction equals warmth!" Soobin grinned. Yeonjun just watched the younger do his work of huffing and rubbing.

"There, nice and warm!" Soobin made Yeonjun cup his own face with his now warm hands. Yeonjun felt himself lean into the touch.

Who knew warm hands could be so comforting?

"Thank you," Yeonjun smiled.

[ 🧡 ]

Now this book is turning into a fluff book haha. Well, as they say, the fluff before the angst? The calm before the storm? The aw before the nah?

Whatever, y'all know the drill :)

And you know I just had to update because it's HYUNINGS BIRTHDAY!!! For a mini celebration, I created a meme lol.

SUPER PROUD *punches air* okay imma go now. Hope you enjoyed the chapter and this edit ^^

(Btw, awyeri is my pen name haha)

©voleenyaw