[ thirteen ]

Moning rolled in pretty quickly. At least for Soobin. This is the first time he didn't have reoccurring dreams in one night. To be fully honest, sleeping in Yeonjun's arms was very nice.

However, he woke up alone in bed this morning.

"Yeonjun?" He called.

"In the kitchen, bunny!" He heard Yeonjun scream the reply.

Just at that moment he could smell freshly cooked pancakes coming from outside. The lad giggled, getting up from the bed and practically hopped into the kitchen.

"Wachu making?~" Soobin asked despite the obvious aroma filling the house. Yeonjun turned around from the pan, almost cooing at Soobin's current state.

He looked tiny sitting on one of the barstools with a shy grin and puffy eyes. He looked so fucking precious.

"Do you like pancakes?" Yeonjun asked, in which Soobin replied with a curt nod. "Okay, three pancakes with honey coming right up!"

In just seconds, a beautifully prepared dish was served in front of Soobin. The boranette was literally drooling at the sight.

"Eat it, bunny. It's all yours."

And that was the que for Soobin to rapidly inhale his breakfast. The actions causing Yeonjun to laugh. "Geez, did you like it or were you just that hungry?"

"All of above," Soobin giggled.

"Hey, you know, there's a park nearby," Yeonjun stated, flipping the last batch of pancakes. "Could we possiblyㅡ likeㅡ you knowㅡ maybeㅡ"

"You're asking me if we could go there?" Soobin raised his eyebrows in a teasing manner.

He swore he could see a flash of pink on Yeonjun's cheeks before the male turned around. "Y-yeah," he sighed. Soobin grinned at his antics.

"Of course we could go!"

The statement made Yeonjun turn, a smile plastered upon his face. "Great, go wash up first, I'll clean the kitchen."

"Aye aye, captain!" Soobin saluted playfully, hopping down the stool before running to their temporary shared room.

Yeonjun sighed with relief. The younger seemed energetic like usual again and that somehow made Yeonjun calm in a way.

Seeing Soobin shake and shudder from hyperventilating last night definitely wasn't a sight he wants to experience again.

"Yeonjun?" Soobin poked his head from the bedroom door.

"Yes, bunny?"

Soobin blushed at the nickname. Heck, why did he just realized now that Yeonjun has been calling him bunny since last night?

The boranette slapped the thought away mentally. He smiled at the waiting azurette.

"Thank you, for last night. You saved my life."

Yeonjun felt the heat creep up. He cleared his throat, looking away from the smiling male. For fuck sake, man up Yeonjun! He only thanked you, nothing else.

"Y-yeah... no problem," Yeonjun scratched his nape, looking hesitantly at Soobin.

Soobin giggled cutely. "Why are you being shy about it?"

"I justㅡ" Yeonjun sighed. "I'm not used to this caring for someone task, so please bear with me."

"It's okay, it probably won't happen again!" Soobin said, slipping back inside the room. Yeonjun stared at the now closed door. He ruffled his blue hair, chuckling deeply.

How can someone be so positive even after experiencing near death?

Cute.

[ 💛 ]

Does any of you think about how the hearts change throughout the chapters?

What do you think they mean?

And sorry for any typos! I didnt proofread since its lazy day today ahaha :D

©voleenyaw