CHAPTER 15 (Edited)

Sorry for the late update.

Aliaa's POV

When we both reached my room, Meera Ji started looking over my frame, trying to spot any injuries. To be honest, I didn't even know when and how we reached my room as I was busy with my thoughts about Ayaan and the reasons for anger and sadness.

"Are you fine, Alia? Did you get hurt?" Meera Ji asked, looking concerned.

"I am fine, thank you, Meera Ji," I assured her with a smile.

Meera Ji smiled and made me sit down on the couch and sat beside me. She was looking worried, maybe for Ayaan. I was also worried about him. And wanted to ask questions regarding the incident and Ayaan's reaction but I didn't want to cross my line. So, I kept quiet.

After a few minutes of silence, she spoke. "I know you have lots of questions regarding the incident and about Ayaan," she stated with a far-away look on her face.

I didn't want to break the silence and upset her so I remained quiet. But I also wanted to comfort her so I grabbed her hand and squeezed a little to assure her that I am there for her.

She looked at me and smiled, squeezing back my hand. I smiled back. There were again a few minutes of silence. She was looking like she was fighting a battle inside her. And I was also lost in my thoughts when she broke the silence. "The picture frame was of Ayaan and his parents. It was taken when Ayaan was 4 years old. They were a happy family like it shows in movies and books. It was a fairy-tale when everything collapsed," she started saying but stopped as if remembering the incident. I squeezed her hand a little to comfort her.

"What happened?" I couldn't help but ask.

"His mother died." she whispered.

"How?" I asked in a low voice mimicking hers.

"It's not my story to tell you. It's Ayaan's right," she said, getting up and leaving the room.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

It was midnight but sleep was far away my eyes. I kept tossing and turning on the bed while thinking about this evening's incident and what Meera Ji said.

"It's not my story to tell you. It's Ayaan's right."

What must have happened? How did Ayaan deal with all these things? Losing your Mom at this very young age must have hurt him. Maybe that is the reason for his arrogance and ignorance towards other people. But where is his Dad? He must have helped him in recovering the pain of losing his mother.

By listening to his mother's demise, I remembered my Mumma. By only remembering about her brought back all the good memories spent with her. I wanted to go back to her but how will I go? If Raj gets to know about this. He will harm them. No, I can't go back to her.