CHAPTER 22 (Edited)

This chapter is dedicated to SkylerChase29. Thanks for supporting my story and giving me suggestions. It means a lot to me.

 It means a lot to me

Ayaan's POV

"I promised him that I would help him and in return, he had to leave Alia forever. I made him divorce her," I said, looking into her eyes.

I knew I shouldn't have informed her that way but that was the only option to calm her brother. I hated when I heard him accusing me of making a deal for Alia. But at that time, it was the only option to save Alia. And I couldn't blame Aarav for worrying about his sister who he was seeing after more than 5 months.

That's when Alia fell unconscious to the floor with a thud. I ran towards her and lightly tapped her cheeks. "Alia...Alia," I said tapping her cheeks lightly. But she didn't wake up. I swiftly took her in my arms and shouted, "Ms. Meera, call the doctor now!" I ran towards my room. I could sense Aarav following me worriedly but I didn't have the time to console him. I reached my room within a few minutes and laid her on my bed and sat beside her holding her hand.

"Baby girl, please wake up," I whispered lightly kissing her hand. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Aarav sitting on the other side of Alia in the same position as me. If I didn't know he was her brother then I wouldn't have let him touch her.

After a few minutes, the doctor arrived and I stepped aside so that she could examine him. Yes, I ensured the doctor was female because, like I said so before, I don't like when other male species touches her.

The doctor has been examining her for almost 15minutes but still didn't say anything about what happened. I was getting more and more restless with each passing second. I turned my face to see Aarav having the same expression as me.

"What's taking you so long? What has happened to her?" I asked the doctor.

"Nothing serious. It's due to continuous crying and exhaustion, she fainted. But don't worry she will be fine when she wakes up in a few hours," the doctor informed us.

And it felt like I could breathe properly now.

"Thank you, doctor," Meera said to the doctor, who nodded and left the room.

"Let her take some rest. We'll talk in the hall," Ms. Meera ordered us and walked out of the room. I didn't want to leave her but I knew Aarav still had many questions and I also had to inform her parents as well.

Later, we all were sitting in the hall in complete silence. I looked towards Aarav to see him with a faraway look on his face as if he was lost in his thoughts.

"I'll go and make coffee and snacks for us." Saying this Ms. Meera left both us alone. Aarav looked at me. "I want to know everything," he said with a blank face.

"I have told you everything already. What do you want to ask now?"

"How did this...I mean why did he do that with my sister? He was the one who came with the marriage proposal. Then why?" Aarav asked.