show me your hands (EDITED)

Marinette had seen through Lila's lies since day one, but somehow, Lila Rossi had swayed all the people in her class. Except for her.

And Chloe 

Chloe Bourgeois.

Maybe it was because they were sharing the same problem, but somehow they ended up as friends, which she was glad for. But under all that, she was sweet and sassy, and could somehow fill the hole which was there in Marinette's life.

She could also make other friends now that she wasn't with Alya all the time. She had Kagami, Luka, Aurore and Marc. She was rather popular among the other classes and now that she wasn't in the "akuma class group," and was having quite a lot of gifts from her admirers.

But the sudden popularity was also the reason for the first incident. She was just going to her locker to get her books, and the moment she opened it, several gifts and cards had fallen out. Marinette, stunned, didn't see the pair of hands which shot out to take one of her gifts.

As soon as those pair of hands took one, she gave a small smirk and changed the name on the tag to hers. Which broke Marinette out of her trance. "HEY!" She said, getting the attentions of the other students as she glared at Lila.

"Can you please give my gift back, Lila? Someone took time out of their day to get me a gift and I really don't want them to be hurt when they find out that you've taken it." She said, giving Lila a polite smile. "But Marinette! They addressed the gift to me!" Lila then flipped the tag to let Marinette see the altered tag.

Wobbling her bottom lip while forcing her eyes to tear up she said "Marinette I know you're jealous of me but stealing a gift from my admirer and making me look like a thief isn't nice." she then started the crocodile tears "If you want to bully me that's fine but don't hurt people who care about me too." She then slid down to the floor to see the gifts and the tags that Sabrina had altered for her while the argument was taking place.

"Here's another one that was meant for me! This as well!" Her crocodile tears were coming in faster now. She then inched closer to Marinette and suddenly pinched herself with her back to the audience. "OW! Marinette, how could you!"

She then pinched herself until it covered her arms in crescent-shaped marks, some even drawing a little blood out. She then made herself cry harder, waiting for Alya to come help her, and she did. Alya's actions were so predictable, she was like a puppet moving slightly just by a nudge of her hand.

Alya wrapped her arms around Lila, comforting her. She then gave Marinette a glare before leading Lila out. Then, at the last second, Lila gave Marinette a smirk. Accepting victory .

Although the rest of the school saw the crescent-shaped marks on Lila's arms, they were still doubtful. Marinette looked shocked when she heard Lila cry out and her arms were by her sides. But why would Lila lie?

The ravenette took in a shaky breath, as if waiting for them to scream at her.

Nobody moved until mark stepped forward nervously, "show me your hands." He said, causing people to cock their heads in confusion. When Marinette didn't do it, he asked, or more like demanded, once again. When she finally did, he immediately let out a relieved laugh. "she didn't do it."

Without looking away from Marinette, he answered their silent questions. "Marinette has short nails, so even if she had pinched Lila there wouldn't be nail marks. She didn't do it."

Hearing those words, the school let out a breath that they didn't know that they were holding in.

Meanwhile, in Mme Bustier's classroom, a very smug-looking Lila was there, clinging on Adrien as if her life depended on it. The satisfaction of her victory still fresh on her mind. Until a relieved looking Marinette entered the room.

Thankfully for Lila, Alya was quick to say something to dampen Marinette's mood "Marinette! How can you just smile like that when you hurt Lila! You should apologize for your actions against her. I mean, just because you're jealous doesn't give you a right to physically hurt her!"

Now cue the waterworks and the rest of the class, except Adrien and Nino, going to comfort Lila. Of course Alya and Lila saw that immediately and Alya spoke on behalf of Lila. "Guys, Lila's hurt we should at least help cheer her up after what Maribrat did." Huffing a little when she saw they weren't moving from their places.

Nino looked uncomfortable as he scratched the back of his neck, "I'm not sure Alya, Marinette isn't the type of person to do stuff like this." "We all know that Marinette is a bully, why are you defending her?" Alya asked, which just made Nino's discomfort grow. "I-" before he could get another word through, Lila was able to answer faster.

"Alya, you weren't supposed to know but- I saw them holding hands and talking in one of those small cafes-" she then let out another wave of fresh tears, leaving a shocked-looking Alya and a confused Nino. Alya's eyes welled up with tears. "How could you?" Was all she said before she slapped him. The sound of it echoed for a few seconds before the class erupted in various levels of surprise and anger.

While they bombarded Marinette with insults, all Nino could do was watch as his oldest friend was getting screamed at from all directions for something that she had never done. That was the moment Nino Lahiffe knew he screwed up.