🐰🐱 : Please don't leave me

PAIRING : Min Yoongi & Jeon Jeongguk

He was only giving Jeongguk the power to take and break a bigger piece of himself, leaving nothing for himself to pick back up in the end.

✨ 🌼 ✨

"Please don't leave me," Yoongi whispered softly when the taller slipped out of the bed.

He watched as Jeongguk paused from buttoning his shirt back on, unable to stop himself from hoping that maybe this time would be different.

He was wrong.

"We've talked about this already," Jeongguk replied with a chuckle, not bothering to look at the naked boy on his bed as he grabbed his phone. "Lock the doors, yeah? I'll see you around."

The promise that Yoongi made to himself echoed inside his head.

"Wait." For the last time.

"Do you really..." Yoongi paused, a lump forming in his throat as tears pooled at the corner of his eyes, "...not love me?"

A second passed with Jeongguk standing there, the door open with his hand on the knob and his back facing Yoongi.

"No."

Then the door is clicking shut, Jeongguk's back disappearing from Yoongi's sight as he felt his heart break once again.

Yoongi hugged his legs closer to his chest, just staring at the door as tears rolled down his cheeks, his cries slowly filling the silent room.

It was pathetic. He was pathetic.

He carelessly gave himself to him, everything that he could, as he made himself believe that the time they spent together would be enough despite knowing that he was only giving Jeongguk the power to take and break a bigger piece of himself, leaving nothing for himself to pick back up in the end.

But Jeongguk made it clear from the beginning, the lines were never blurred.

So there was no one else to blame other than himself for thinking that he would be different from everyone.

He thought that those nights that they spent together, just talking and knowing more about each other meant something.

He thought that letting Jeongguk be the first person to take him and see him vulnerable meant something, but all it really was, was just another person ticked off his list.

After what felt like hours, he made his way to the bathroom and took his time scrubbing himself clean.

And just like his usual routine every time this happened, he started cleaning up around the apartment.

His heart felt heavy as he grabbed the bag he came here with and started filling it with the little clothes he knew he had in Jeongguk's closet, making sure that all of his stuff are in the bag so he wouldn't need to come back.

Lastly, he wrote the younger a short note and left it on the bedside table.

I'm sorry for pushing myself to you.
This will be the last time. Take care [:

"I love you," he whispered as he looked around the place. "Hopefully, the next time I'll see you, I don't anymore."