𝐱𝐢

"HOLY SHIT! YOU got shot?" Quincey had just gotten back from the bathroom, bringing the first aid kit with her.

"Why didn't you tell me last night?" She takes out the bandaids, while five stitches up his wound "here let me do it" Quincey takes the needle and thread out of his hands.

"You needed your rest, we were both drained. I thought it was for the best" Five explained to her "well thank you for taking my tiredness into consideration" she says sarcastically.

Quincey finishes the stitching and looks up to Five, to see that he's already looking down at her. Green meets blue as they stare into each other's eyes "thanks" Five whispers to her "no problem" she whispers back.

"I should probably put a bandaid over that" she continues to whisper "yeah, you probably should" Five reply's, also still whispering. Quincey breaks that eye contact and grabs one of the train bandaids and sticks it over the stitching.

"Seriously? A train bandaid?" Five questions her "it was the only one I could find" an innocent smile formed on her face and her hands came to the air in defence.

While Five finishes getting dressed, Quince ties her hair into the half up, half down style she always wears. When the two of them are done they climb out the window.

"Damn it! Where's dads stuff? Shut up! I'm trying to find whatever priceless crap was in that priceless box, so pogo will get off my ass!" Klaus chucks trash bags out of the dumpster.

"I'd ask what you're up to Klaus, but then it occurred to me...I don't care" Five jumps off the ladder, Quincey doing the same.

"Hey! You know there are easier was out of the house?" Klaus asks, flask in hand "This one involved the least amount of talking, or so I thought" Five sighed

"Hey, Hey, Hey, so. You need any more company today? I could, uh, clear my schedule" Klaus leaned against the dumpster, from the inside "looks like you've got your hands full"

"Oh, this? No, no. I can do this whenever" tried to convince the two "I'm just-" Klaus takes a step backwards and trips over one of the trash bags.

Quincey used her hand to muffle her giggles.

"I just misplaced something. That's all" Klaus clatters around in the bottom of the dumpster. "Oh! Found it! Thank God!"

Klaus re-emerges with a half eaten bagel in his hands. He slowly takes a bite "delicious" klaus gulps.

"I'm done funding your drug habit." Five tells the man in the dumpster and turns to walk away. "Come on! You don't- Maybe I just want to spend time with my brother" he calls after five "not you" he mutters beside him.

"And my new best friend!" He says to Quincey who was still standing there "Mi hermano! I love you! Even if you can't love yourself!" Klaus spits out the bagel in his mouth.

"Quince, come on!" Five yells back to his friend

"Sorry Klaus, gotta go, hope you find whatever you're looking for" Quincey smiles, she runs over to five and they drive away in the stolen pluming van.

***

The seat Quincey is sitting on, in the van, is surprisingly comfortable. Her and Five, both keep their eyes glued on the prosthetics building in front of them.

Five fiddles with the prosthetic eye, his eyes still glued to the building and slightly glossed over.

Quincey noticed his dazed look "Hey Five? You okay?" He doesn't respond, she tries a couple more times before there's a knocking on the window. Five snaps out of his thoughts.

Luther opens the door and nods for Quincey to sit in the back. "No" she tells him "what do you mean 'no'?"

"I mean just because you show up doesn't mean I have to move from where I'm sitting" she rolls her eyes and sits in the back after he motions for her to one more time.

Luther struggles into the van, muttering under his breath as he does so. Quincey leans against the back of Fives seat when she notices klaus in the back, she giggles at him dancing with an empty alcohol bottle.

"You okay?" Luther asks Five "you shouldn't be...how did you find us?" Luther motions to Klaus in the back seat.

"Hey, a little privacy, guys. We're really hitting off back here." Five cuts him off slightly by throwing an empty can at him. "You're hitting it off with an empty bottle?" Quincey says confused

"Get out! You can't be here!" Five yells at the two new people in the van "we're in the middle of something"

Klaus comes to sit next to Quincey "any luck finding your one eyed man?" He asks the two "no" Five mutters "What's He talkin about?" Luther asks Five, barely acknowledging Quince is even there. "Does it matter? It's Klaus" Fuve sighs "what do you want Luther?"

"Um...so grace may have had something to do with dads death. So I need you to come back to the academy, all right? It's important" He tells five, still not even looking at Quincey.

"'It's just important' you have no concept of what's important" Five mimicks.

"Hey! Did I ever tell you about the time I waxed my ass with chocolate pudding?" Klaus asks them and Quincey tries to muffle her laughter "it was so painful"

Quincey swore she saw Five crack a smile when he looked at the window.

"What are you two still doing here?" Luther looks at Klaus and Quincey "what do you mean two? You come barging in here, stealing my seat, telling me to move and now telling me to get out. I wouldn't want to get on my bad side, if I were you" Quincey can feel the rage bubbling up inside her.

"Yea! And I need an excuse to hang out with my family?" Klaus asks his siblings "it's just, we're trying to have a serious conversation and she's not family" Luther points a finger to Quincey

"What, and I'm incapable of being serious? Is that what you're saying?" Klaus says, sounding hurt "Luther's got a point, you should get out." Five says to Klaus "gee thanks Five" Quincey rolls her eyes, her voice dripping with sarcasm

"I was talking to Klaus" Five clarifies "no, she should get out too" Luther tells Five "no, she's staying" Fives voice is filled with anger. "She's not family, you don't need her!" Luther starts to raise his voice "she's my family!" Five fires

Through all the anger bubbling inside her, a smile slipped its way onto Quincey's face. Her and Five had always been close, ever since the first day they met, even though most of that closeness had come from being stuck together for 45 years. Hearing that Five thought of Quincey as his family made her happy. Five always made her happy.

"Come on Klaus, lets go" Quincey says to Klaus and he opens the door to the van. Quincey death glares Luther on her way out of the van. "Fine!" Klaus yells into the van before slamming the door.

"So Klausy, ever thought of shoplifting?" Quincey asks him "that is one of my many talents!" Klaus tells the girl before holding out his arm, they link arms and skip to the mini mart.

AUTHORS NOTE
Please let me know what you think of my story so far, and let me know if my spelling is off bc I haven't edited this chapter.
Anyways have a wonderful day/night!

- Ziggy