𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢

AFTER DIEGO HAD left, Quincey laid back down beside Five and continued to stare at the ceiling. Quincey had to admit, the bed was comfortable, she just couldn't sleep.

"Hey I'm gonna go up there, you good to stay here?" Luther asked and pointed at the ceiling "yeah" was all she replied with, not even bothering to look at him. Luther nodded and walked out the door.

After a couple more minutes of Quincey staring at the ceiling and feeling the cold air enter and exit her lungs, she felt Five stirring awake. Turning to face him, she saw he was already staring at her "hi" she said, faces inches apart "hi" he replied.

"Still drunk?" Quincey asked "no, but slightly hungover. How long was I out for?" The boy questioned "dunno, an hour maybe"

"Did you sleep?" He asked and all she did in response was shake her head.

Five didn't respond either, he just stared at the girl in front of him, thinking of how beautiful she looked. The two continued to stare at each other, slowly inching towards each other. Noses just about to touch, Five took in every bit of her face, from her stunning blue eyes to the freckles dusted across her nose and cheeks.

Quincey stared into his bright green eyes and she didn't know what made her say it but she was glad she did.

"You have no idea how much I want to kiss you right now" she blurted. Five chuckled "Are you sure you're not still drunk? ...but I could say the same"

He inched that one bit closer to her and pressed his lips on hers. They had been waiting so long to tell each other their feelings, not knowing if they should because of the weight of the apocalypse on their shoulders. But they had finally done what they had been wishing to do since forever. They kissed. They didn't even know how long they kissed for, too caught up in the moment.

Once they had broken apart it took awhile for one of them to say something. They just let silence fill the air as their blushing faces stare at the others. For once Five was actually smiling. Not a full open mouthed, ear-to-ear grin, because let's face it, that's never going to happen. But it was still a smile and Quince was happy to see it.

"So"
"So"
"That just happened" Quincey stated "yeah, it did" Five continued. "What happens now?" She asked.

The boy inhaled deeply "would you consider being my girlfriend?" He asked the girl infront of him. She chuckled slightly before smiling and nodding "yeah"

Five wrapped his arms around Quincey and she was finally able to go to sleep with the soft pounding of Five's heart and the warm arms comfortably wrapped around her frame.

***

"It's just another hunk of glass" Quincey heard Five say. She sat up and rubbed her eyes. "Morning" She said to Five and Luther.

"Morning. You sleep alright?" Five asked her "better than usual" she smiled back.

The door flung open and an angry Diego thumps down the stairs. "Piece of shit"

Quincey's eyes widen when Diego comes bounding toward Five "do you have any idea what you just did?" Luther is quick to stop him.

"Nope let me- get your ape hands off me!" Diego struggles "I can do this as long as it takes for you to calm down" Luther states.

"Fine"

Diego is placed on the ground "now, wanna tell us what you're talkin' about?" Luther asks his brother. "Our brothers been pretty busy since he got back. He was in the middle of that shootout at Griddy's, and then at Gimble brothers, after the guys in masks attacked the academy, looking for him" Diego aggressively pointed at the boy sitting in the bed.