Chapter 7

After we finished eating, we went back to the car, put everything in it and drove back.
Cassandra sat next to Darryl again, because she sprinted to the car again.
We didn't talk, there was silence the whole time.

When we arrived, we grabbed three boxes with Darryl and he helped me carry them to the room, while Cassandra just texted someone on her phone while walking into her room.
Then we got outside once again and we grabbed the three remaining boxes.
We walked in my room and put down the boxes next to the other ones

"Hey Darryl"

"Yes little muffin?" He smiled at me sweetly

"Can you help me assemble the furnitures?" I asked, looking shyly on the floor

"Sure muffin, I'd be happy to help you"

I lifted my face up and smiled back at him.
We started assembling the bed and the closets, working well together, while we talked about the house, our friendship, our youtube channels and everything we had in mind.

"Wow, We're working good together, I didn't think we're going to be this fast" I said as I admired my new furniture proudly

"Yeah muffin, we're best friends, I was sure that we will work good together"
"But come on, we still need to assemble your gaming chair and your gaming desk in my room"

We grabbed the remaining boxes and carried it into Darryl's huge room.

"Thanks again dude for allowing me to set up my computer here"

"Oh no problem, It will be fun to make videos sitting almost next to each other" Darryl replied, smiling as we started assembling the desk.

But then someone came into the room.

"What are you guys doing here together?"
Asked the blonde girl walking slightly angrily towards us, her voice weirdly shifting when she said 'together'

I didn't bother to look at her, so I just ignored her, but Darryl answered

"Oh, just helping Zak assembling his stuff" He replied, focusing on the part he did

"Oh guys, why didn't you ask me to help you? With me, you would do it faster, I assembled IKEA stuff so many times before" She said and sat down extremely close to me in front of Darryl.

As she sat down, with a fast hand motion, she pushed me away, so she can sit right in front of Darryl.

Darryl was really focused so he didn't notice that anything's wrong until I started yelling

"Why did you push me?!"

"No I didn't, you're just imagining things"

"No I don't, you clearly just pushed me"

"No I didn't" she looked at the floor, trying to sound innocent

"You know what? Everyone get away from my stuff, I'm going to do it alone tomorrow, because I'm too tired to start in a 'non-existent' fight again"
I said as I quickly stood up, rushed in my room and shut the door behind me

I'm tired of Cassandra's crap.
This is just the first day of living here and she's already driving me insane.

I thought as I layed down on my bed and I fell asleep immediately on my new bed.

^_^

I woke up in the morning to the sound of my phone buzzing.
I looked at the time.

9:19 am

I sat up in my bed and unlocked my phone.
I saw a message from Darryl as I looked at the notification bar.
I opened the message.

Darryl
Good morning sleepyhead! Cassandra is still asleep and I'm downstairs, making some pancakes. I also have a surprise for you :D

I smiled as I read his message.
I stood up and rubbed my eyes, putting my phone in my pocket.
I walked out to the hallway and down the stairs.
I felt the smell of the pancakes filling my nostrils.

I walked into the kitchen and saw the brown haired man, flipping a pancake.

"Good morning Darryl"

"Hi Zak, do you want some pancakes?" He asked with a smile on his face

"Sure" I replied

I sat down to the dining table and Darryl put two plates on the table.
He placed 5-5 pancakes on each and handed me one of the plates.
He grabbed the maple syrup from the fridge and sat down with the other plate next to me.
I poured some syrup on my pancakes and started eating.

"Wow Darryl, I've never eaten better pancakes in my entire life" I said, shocked by how good it was

"Thank you muffin" He replied, giving me a warm smile

We ate the remaining pancakes on our plates.
We put the plates in the sink, when Darryl asked

"Ready for the surprise, muffin?"

I nooded in response.
He started walking towards the stairs, signaling to me with his hands to follow him.
I followed him up the stairs and we stopped right in front of his room.

"Maybe you won't like it, but I wanted to help you a little" He said as he opened the door.

I saw my fully assembled desk and chair in the room, what I left here yesterday after we started fighting with Cassandra.

"I know, you said that you'll do it yourself today, but I just wanted to make you happy because you looked sad yesterday. By the way I worked on it until 1am, but If you like it, It was totally worth it"

I didn't say anything, just hugged him tight.
As we hugged, I felt my cheeks heating up.

Am I blushing?
Oh my goodness I'm definitely blushing

"Wow Darryl thank you so much, that's really kind of you and I appreciate it" I told him

When we pulled away from the hug, I noticed that he's also blushing, so we both turned away from the other.

I'm going to be honest, I had a crush on Darryl since we first talked.
He's always so kind, nice and caring.
He was always there for me and supported me.
I trolled him a lot, but I can't help it, I just don't know how to handle love.