Chapter 8

Piper P.O.V.

Leo, Jason and I are in the Zeus cabin. We need to plan what to do next. We need to show everyone that Jason, who is perfect, is better than Percy.

We've filled Leo in on Annabeth. I still can't believe my friend turned out to be this monster.

Leo has been awfully quiet so far, which is weird. I mean, it's Leo.

Leo sits down cross-legged on Hippie Zeus's pedestal. "Guys, I don't believe all that stuff about Annabeth. Sure, it makes a little sense. But I've worked with Annabeth before. She just doesn't seem like that at all."

I speak up. "I know, right? I thought of her as my best friend. Apparently she had us all fooled." I sigh.

"Are you doubting us? Do you think we lied to you?" Jason asks, suddenly angry.

Leo hops off the pedestal and takes a few steps back. Well, more like sideways, since Hippie Zeus is right behind him.

"Hey, man, whoa! I trust you with my life. Of course you're telling the truth!" Leo exclaims. "But I was thinking, what if Annabeth didn't fool us? What if there's two sides to Annabeth, one side is totally vicious killer and stuff, and the other side is the Annabeth we thought we knew?"

"I've suspected her from the start, so I don't know what you mean by 'we thought we knew'." Jason brags.

"Actually, Jason," I start, "you know, Leo does have a point. Annabeth isn't that great of a liar, mostly she just scares people with that glare of hers. I doubt she could have fooled us. So yeah, I think it's what Leo said-- two sides to Annabeth. So the real question is-- what do we do about it?" I conclude.

Leo sits back down onto Hippie Zeus's pedestal. "I know what I'm going to do. I'm not going to give up on Annabeth. I remember working with her on inventions-- nobody can compare to that, not even Calypso or my siblings. We have to find a way to get the good side of her to come out permanently."

I nod along. "Annabeth was my best friend and my closest confidant. I'm not giving up on her either, Leo. You're right. I'm with you. Jason?"

Jason shifts uncomfortably. "I don't know... guys... Does this mean that we try to tell her how bad Percy is, or we just stay friends with her and not Percy?"

"Let's do the second one for now, the first can come later." I say. Because, really, losing a friend is hard, after Leo and all. If I can get her back, I will.

Leo grins. "So, tomorrow morning, we make sure we're still Annabeth's best friends, and then after we see how that goes, maybe the day after we tell her about Percy?"

"That works." Jason nods. He kisses me good night, and I leave to my cabin to sleep.

Tomorrow sure will be an interesting day, and I love interesting.

Hi! Thanks for reading! I have no idea how this story got 452 reads in the short time it's been up, but thank you all so much! Also, WE! ARE! NUMBER! TEN! IN! #PERCABETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am internally screaming my head off. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! A bit much? Sorry. Anyways, how the Hades this story is number ten in such a popular tag, I have no idea. I don't know how tags get judged. And this story is a JEALOUS JASON. I mean, sure, I have some cool ideas about Percabeth in the future of this story, but it hasn't happened yet. So why this is #10 in #percabeth?? I have no idea but thank you all so much!!!!

 So why this is #10 in #percabeth?? I have no idea but thank you all so much!!!!

I cannot even believe this. Now I'm just gonna go scream my head off internally some more...

8-3-20