Chapter 15

Leo P.O.V.

I know what Jason and Piper are gonna do. I overheard enough of their conversation. So why didn't I warn Percy? The answer is simple, really. There's no way that idea is gonna work.

I mean, a fake diary? Come on. Percy can't even read that well, unless they did it in Greek.

But, just in case, I've been checking the Poseidon cabin every night at curfew. Just in case.

So that's what I'm doing right now. I sneak into Percy's cabin, pleased to see that no one's there.

In the middle of the floor, I see the diary. From a distance, I have got to admit it like looks kinda authentic. Authentic enough for Percy to believe, anyways.

I drop down on all fours and flip to the first page. It's in English. English. Oh my gods, why are Piper and Jason so stupid? They might have used the voice typing thingy, but still! Percy can't frickin read! He's dyslexic!

Also, I notice that the handwriting is really messy. Come on, Piper, Jason! Annabeth has the neatest handwriting ever, I've seen her blueprints. Although those were in Greek...

Also, the whole thing is typed. They tried to disguise it, but it didn't really work, not if you look closely. Also, it's obviously not graphite but ink on the paper.

There's no way this will work.... right?

I don't know. I'm observant enough to notice all the mistakes, but Percy certainly isn't. This plan is just messed up enough to work.

I hear footsteps in the distance, heading for this cabin. I drop the diary on the floor and make a lunge for the door. Man, getting caught again would be embarrassing.

I fall just short of the door as my jeans (Yes, I left the disguise in my cabin. What?) snag on a hook thing that's behind a chair. I dive back to untangle myself. The footsteps are so close now.

I work at it fervently, but I'm so nervous I manage to get the thread even more tangled. I think someone's about to come in.

With no other options (I am NOT taking my jeans off and making a run for it), I dive under the chair. There's a sweatshirt flung over it, so hopefully I won't be visible. I move aside a sleeve so that I can see better.

Percy enters the cabin and immediately sees the diary on the floor. "Did Annabeth drop her book?" I hear him mutter. Gods.

It's not like I can get out of here. If I move or ask for help he might think I'm a monster and accidently kill or at least injure me. Man, that dude is SCARY.

So I'm stuck here, with a perfect view of what's about to happen. And I guess of they do try to break up, I can stop it.

This is going to be... interesting.

Hi! Thanks for reading! And for 1.92K reads! This book got so many reads so fast, and I don't even know how. Thank you again!!

8-17-20