Chapter 4 - Dear Patience

"Ilsa, wake up, it's 10 o'clock already." Ethan whispers in her ear.

Ilsa opens her eyes, meeting his, green like nature. He gives her a kiss and puts a cup of tea and a biscuit on her nightstand. She sits up and drinks her tea.

"Did you sleep well?" Ethan asks her.

"A little better but my back is still killing me." she says.

"Turn on your side." he says and sits on the bed.

She does as she has been told and he starts rubbing her back.

"Ah, that's really good." she chuckles.

He rubs her back for a few minutes and goes to shower. Ilsa finds some clothes that still fit one her.

"I have to buy new clothes for myself too." she thinks.

Ethan comes out of the shower and they switch places - Ilsa goes to shower and Ethan goes to find some clothes to wear.

***

They drive to Manchester, the weather is good - the sun is shining but it's still kind of cold. They go to Primark first and buy bunch of clothes for Ilsa. Ethan also bought a few shirts and a jacket for himself. It was already 14 o'clock, they found a very cozy restaurant and ate lunch. As the weather got worse, they got back to their car.

"We should buy Roomba." Ethan said seriously.

"Oh, don't you tell me you are tired of vacuuming." Ilsa laughed "You did it only for a couple of weeks!"

"And I had enough. I'm buying Roomba!" Ethan exclaims.

"Okay, okay." Ilsa giggles.

Ethan did actually buy Roomba, Ilsa could see how happy he was. For the last stop they drive to baby shop. Ethan feels that Ilsa is very nervous. He gave her his hand and comforted her.

"Hey, it's okay. Many people have done this before and many people will do this." he says and smiles to her.

***

"I think blue socks would look really good, also, they are with little cars." Ethan says as showing a pair of little socks.

"Ethan, are you buying socks for our baby girl or yourself?" Ilsa laughs.

"If you think I can fit my feet into these tiny socks then yes, for myself." he chuckles.

Ethan picks a few pairs of pink and light orange socks. They go to pick some pacifiers and blankets but Ilsa stops by stuffed animals. She looks at a little white bunny.

"I had the same one." she says and smiles, Ethan can see that she's sad.

"It's beautiful. Do you want to buy it?" Ethan asks.

"I don't know, I-"

"Oh come on, just imagine our baby holding it." he smiles.

"Okay." she agrees and her face turns bright.

They pick pacifiers, blankets, bottles, some baby grows, headbands and more stuff. Ilsa decides not to buy a stroller yet.

While they were driving home, Ethan was looking at Ilsa, he has never seen her so happy. They both were happy. When they got home, Ilsa carefully put the stuff on a shelf in their dressing room. Ethan was dealing with his Roomba and Ilsa was unpacking some boxes that were peacefully standing in the corner of the hall.

Ethan finally figured out how to turn on Roomba and put it to charge.

"Ow. Well hello there but do you have to kick that hard?" Ilsa chuckles as the baby kicks.

Ethan hugs her and they both watch the baby kicking.

"Guess this baby is really mine." Ethan laughs and places his hand on the bump.

They hear a beep - Roomba has fully charged.

"Now you will see that it was worth it!" Ethan says as rushes to start Roomba.

He presses the start button and Roomba starts vacuuming.

"Well, I guess I approve this." Ilsa smiles.

"Now let's go, I'll make us dinner." Ethan says and wrap his arm around Ilsa's shoulders.

***

"Okay, I'm not even joking, this soap smells so bad!" Ilsa exclaims as she washes her hands in the bathroom.

Ethan shuffles to her.

"Ilsa... I've told you so many times already, it's because of the baby, the soap is the same." Ethan says.

"I know, it's just... I feel so tired of these things, everyday the first mind that comes to my my head is how much I want this to end and I blame myself for thinking about that so much..." Ilsa says quietly.

"Hey, don't blame yourself. I know how hard it is, it's natural for people to want something to be over. But just imagine, after four months we will have a baby." Ethan hugs Ilsa and smiles "She will love you so much, she will learn from you, she will trust you. We will raise that child together. I love you." he lands a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you too. And you too." she chuckles as the baby kicks.

They lay on the bed, Ethan wraps his arm around Ilsa's shoulders and pulls her closer. She strokes his hand for a while and drifts to sleep. Ethan listens to her breath as it gets deeper and deeper. He hears a quiet buzz on his nightstands, his phone. Ethan reaches for it and checks the messages. "1 new message from Benji" it says. Ethan reads it.

"Hey Ethan, thought you'll never message me. I'm on a mission, I don't know when I'll be back, but I'm okay. I miss you all, I'll message you when I will get back home. Bye!"

A smile appeared on Ethan's face, he felt better now knowing that Benji's okay. Ethan put his phone on the nightstand and laid back to sleep. He caressed Ilsa's arm until his eyes got heavy and he drifted to dreamless sleep.