Chapter 6 - Friends Forever

"What... Do... I... Wear!" Ethan exclaims from the bedroom.

Ilsa shuffles to the bedroom with a cup of tea. She sees a mess that Ethan made while picking his outfit.

"Don't be silly, since when do you care about your outfit when you are going to meet with Benji and Luther?" Ilsa says and puts her hand on Ethan's back.

"I don't know I... I'm just nervous, I mean, I haven't seen them for a long time." he sighs.

"Hey, I'm going with you, everything's going to be okay." she says and kisses his cheek.

Ethan smiles as Ilsa walks away, she always brights up his mood. Finally, Ethan picks a red shirt with long sleeves and black trousers. He walks to the hallway and finds Ilsa struggling with her shoes, her baby bump is pretty big already and she cannot tie her shoe laces properly. Hero to the rescue, Ethan thinks and smiles.

"Need some help, ma'am?" he says with a little smile on his face.

"Yes, please." she says, she looks kind of sad.

Ethan kneels down to help her.

"What's the matter?" he asks while tying the laces.

"It's just... Six months ago I was kicking butts, running everywhere I could and now I can't even tie these bloody shoe laces!" Ilsa exclaims and shakes her head.

"Woah woah, calm down. It's a good thing, you can't tie them because our baby girl is getting bigger, and that means she's healthy. Everything is okay, I'm always here with you." he says and hugs her.

Ilsa smiles, his words are true. They put their coats on and lock the door. Ethan is looking forward to meeting Benji and Luther.

***

"Okay, they said they will be on the lawn near the fountain, so where are they?" Ethan says nervously.

"Don't worry, they are probably just late." Ilsa says.

Then she notices Benji slowly walking to Ethan from behind.

"Maybe they got stuck in the traffic, I'm sure they will be here soon." she says trying so hard not to laugh.

Suddenly Benji starts running and literally jumps on Ethan, they fall on the ground like little kids.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!" Ethan screams and laughs at the same time.

They stand up and give each other a big hug.

"It's nice to see you too, god I miss you." Benji chuckles.

"Hello, sweetie." he hugs Ilsa and kisses her cheek.

"Hey, Benji, it's nice to see you." she smiles.

"You too." Benji says "Let's find some nice place to eat lunch?"

"Yeah, but where's Luther." Ethan asks.

"Oh mate, I'm sorry, he couldn't make it. I promise I'll bring him next time."

Ethan smiles and hugs Benji one more time. As they start walking, Ethan wraps his arms around Ilsa and talks to Benji, all of them feel a true happiness.

***

"Yeah so I was running away from that psycho when I realized that I left my computer in that basement, so I had to make a whole way around the building and run back there to get it. When I was on my way out he caught me and punched me in the stomach, I fell on the ground and heard shots. It was a bullet wound in that jerk's head and turned around, it was Brandt there. Never in my life would I have thought Brandt will save my butt." Benji laughs.

"Well, why wouldn't he?" Ethan whispered.

"Because I called him a helper once, remember?" Benji says and looks at Ethan.

A smile slowly appears on Ethan's face and they burst laughing out loud. Ilsa tries to shush them while laughing too but it seems like Ethan and Benji don't hear her.

"Okay, enough about our missions, let's talk about you two. Well, actually three of you. How are you doing?" Benji giggles.

"We're okay, the baby is doing well, so does Ilsa, the house is amazing..."

"Uhm, let me ask, baby who? Benji smiles.

Ethan looks at Benji with confused look.

"Baby girl." Ilsa chuckles.

"Oh, right." Ethan smiles.

They talk a lot while they wait for their food. Ilsa gets a little sleepy and Ethan pulls her in his embrace, she places her head on his shoulder and closes her eyes for a while. She feels the baby kicking and lets out a silent laugh.

They ate their food and went for a little walk. It started raining so they had to say their goodbyes and go home. Benji promised to come visit them again as soon as he will be able to. Ethan and Ilsa got back to their warm house. The sun was setting and the whole living room became light orange. They changed their clothes and Ilsa laid down on the sofa while Ethan was showering. She was very tired but happy. Her throat was sore so she stood up to get some water and bumped into Ethan, he was half naked, with a towel wrapped on his lower body.

"Well... Hi there." Ilsa slightly flirts and bites her lip.

"Hello, miss. Would you like some... water?" he laughs.

She gently ran her fingers through his abs.

"Ice cold?" she whispers.

"Ice cold." he whispers into her ear.

She places her hand on his head and kisses him, he drags her to the sofa and lays down gently. He strokes her arm as she slowly pulls away.

"But can we seriously have ice cold water now?" she whispers.

"Of course, just let me dress up." Ethan laughs.

After a few minutes he gets the water and they search some more stuff for the nursery in the Internet. Ilsa lays in Ethan's arms as she holds the computer. He barely listens to her, he just watches how happy and keen she is. Ethan gets back from his thoughts as Ilsa turns her head and looks at him, she asked something, Ethan didn't hear what.

"Ethan? Are you okay?" she asks again.

He runs his fingers through her hair and smiles.

"You are going to be a great mother." he whispers.

She gently kisses him and smiles.

"And you are going to be a great dad."