Unfortunately Happy

Andrea sat his little girl down and told her a story about a man and a woman. How they, being from completely different worlds, found something special and beautiful. Venus had listened to this story a hundred times before but it still made her heart feel warm everytime she heard it. She listened to it like she was for the first time. Her father spoke with the same amazement and love in his eyes for his wife like he had all those years ago.

'I see you and Mr.Toricelli have spend a lot of time together.' Andrea remarked.

'Oh. It's nothing really. We're just hanging around a bit.' Venus blushed. Something that seemed alien to her but welcoming at the same time. It was something that she did now on a regular basis coincidently when Massimo was there and stupidly even when he isn't and someone talks about him.

'You can't lie about love to a man who has been madly in love with the same woman all his life.' Andrea sighed.

'L-love? What? No. I'm not in love with him Papa.'

'Deny it all you want petaloúda but I see it in your eyes. But also remember one thing. In this world no one is safe and that is my deepest regret. I didnt want you to be in a world where there was so much terror and violence. But, I had to because this is what your legacy is to be and no one cam change that. But I wanted you to atleast have a taste of what it means to be safe. To be with a man who will keep you safe and away from the worry of finding him or yourself in an ugly situation.

But we dont chose who we love and you  have fallen for danger itself. So, only if you are completely sure about him and you feel safe with him will I let him come even a mile near you.'

Her father spoke with absolution and the danger in his voice was loud and clear. It sent a shiver down her spine to see her father in this way and also happy to know that he cared for her and didn't hide it at all.

'Yes papa I love him and I can never be sure about him but I am sure of the fact that I do love him.' Venus said with tears in her eyes. But they were happy tears. They were tears of love.

'Then what are you waiting for Vee. Go tell him that.' Venus was surprised to hear her mother's voice behind her. She look up to her and in her eyes she knew that she consented too.

'But if that bastard breaks your heart. I'll burn him down.' Aurora added.

Venus knew what to do now so she ran. Ran to the man she loved.

____________________♡___________________

Venus was there... almost there. But what she saw wasn't what she da quite expected. Massimo sat on a chair in the corner of his room with his head in his arms repeating something again and again. Venus couldn't makeout what he was saying so she went closer and what she heard she want able to understand. He looked up with tears in his eyes and said it again.

'They found Laura.'