Chapter VII: The painful truth (I)

Time skip
Evening
Time: around 7pm
Author POV

"Dazai-sama!" Min-Ji's voice echoed in the hallways as you and your little brother approached her. "You're back!"

"Good evening, Min-chan" you greeted her as you slightly pushed your brother in her direction. "I received a call earlier saying that I have to see my husband?"

"Yes, boss told me to tell you that it's important" she said. "I'll take care Kazuki-kun in the meantime"

"Thank you, Min-chan" you smiled to her and headed to your husband's office

.
.
.

"Osamu?" You called for your husband when you opened the doors to his office, but only to be met by emptiness. "Are you in here?"

No response...

"Osamu?"

You started to feel anxious more and more with every second that passed, hearing your own heartbeat loudly and clearly.

That until the doors were slammed behind you, making you jolt.

"Osamu! Don't scare me like that next time!" You scolded your husband who came out of the dark, holding something in his hand

"I apologise" he smiled like he usually does, slowly approaching you. "I had no intention to scare you"

"It's alright" you sighed as he cupped your face with one hand. "What was it that you wanted to talk about?"

"My dearest, please close your eyes for a second"

"Alright?" You said, a little bit unsure of yourself

Until you felt something wrap around your neck, giving you a horrible pain, making you fall to your knees.

"Fuck!" You yelled, falling to your knees as the agonizing pain took over your whole body. "W-what the hell is this?!"

"Worry not, my dear" he said as he kneeled in front of you, grabbing your chin with his thumb and index finger. "This is my way of protecting you, showing that I care"

"What the hell do you mean?!"

"A little bird told me that you're losing control again" he said, showing you the "be quiet" sign. "We don't want something bad to happen to you, right? Especially when you will be carrying our successor"

"WHO lied to you?!" You yelled and he let go of you, getting up

"Don't fight it, my dearest" he said as he helped you get up, holding you tightly in his arms as your whole body was in pain. "If you behave, I promise I will take it off~"

"It hurts, Osamu..." A whine came from the back of your throat as slowly, your eyes started to drown in tears. "It hurts so much... Why do you like to see me in pain...?"

"This is exactly why I'm doing it" he sighed. "I'm doing all of this to get rid of a temporary pain, so it won't get permanent. Trust me, my dear..."

You sobbed loudly, hiding your face in his chest as he had a look of genuine pain on his face. He bit the inside of his cheek, looking away as you cried in pain, holding the material of his black coat tightly.

"It hurts..." You cried, your whimpering echoing loudly in his head. "It hurts... It hurts so much... Why do you hate me, Osamu...? Why... Why do you hate me so much..."

He swallowed hard the lump in his throat before you passed out in his arms from the pain, startling him when your limp body almost fell on the ground.